Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had two problems with my Semen 72# injectors, one flooded the cylinder it was installed in and the other one flow a lot less than the others. These were bought from a good vendor through a good supplier. The flooding one just had a strange sound compared to the others and flooded that cylinder and the second one flowed a lot less than the others. My flow test company, cruzingperformance in MI just tested them for me. They offer full injector servicing and flow balancing service. They said the Semen brand has a good track record with a good product. So you can't really just take them out of the box and install and be certain they flow right. This could cause a lean cylinder, detonation and possibly a blown head gasket. Reading on the different Buick web site how some are blowing a HG on a certain cylinder could be caused by a faulty injector. Just a possibility! Flow testing cost $30 and in my book is money well spent! Gene

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Thanks for the advice! I had my brand new injectors flow tested, I definitely think it is a good idea! Better safe than Sorry!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I sent my injectors off to Rich and he did a great job. Even offered to swap one of mine for one of his that matched my other 5 better. Fast turn around, too.

------------------
1987 dark red turbo t, KenneBell Ram Air, 150,000 miles mostly stock.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Amen to Turbodog's posting. Having any new injectors flow tested is good tuning advice for sure and money well spent. I don't think some vendors flow test injectors? The rich one did meet the flow parameter but something is askew in the pintle? Telling the problem up front gives the testing service something to look into! Gene

1 - 7 of 7 Posts