Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bone stock 87 Turbo-T.I have done a couple of things to help the car breath alittle better.Hooker exhaust,stock location [email protected] filter. :eek: Would it be feasible to port the stock turbo,mildly port the heads and port match the intake dunno

·
Register Boozer
3,904 Posts
You can port the turbo, especially the elbow, but a downpipe will help air flow and a good cold air intake like the Big Mouth. I forgot where I got mine, but it's good. I don't think it's worth it to take the heads off for a mild clean up job on the heads, it's all pressurized anyways, and I think the only real gains would be gained by a huge motor with a lot a boost. Bolt some more crap on.

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
If you are bone stock then that means stock chip and wastegate. Little speed tricks will not help as much as a few pounds of boost. Get an adjustable wastegate (or convert yours) and a performance street chip from one of the chips makers you see floating around here. I wouldn't worry about port matching until you blow your first head gasket. Also buy a scantool.

·
Registered
633 Posts
yes, yes...and yes. but do not do intake & heads if u have to pull it apart. :cool:

some say factory seal is ahrd to copy, not sure how much myth or fact there is to it. dunno

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
This is worth a couple of tenths at times on a maxed out stock combo... http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/turbo/turboport.html

Pocket porting the heads and matching up the intake is worth another couple of tenths if the turbo will flow enuf air.

A Duttweiller neck for the stock ic is a really good bang for the buck.

All of the above will allow more air into the engine without having to exceed the efficiency band on the stock turbo.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts