Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried this last year but it never panned out...don't care if it has t tops or not, just need (4) pics to get Antique tags for PA and something tells me they won't accept pic's of Satan :D

(come on Jim!!! I know u got pics)

·
Registered
192 Posts
pics

here ya go

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im gonna run w/ Kens photos first Jim :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
I know that everybody is going to hate me for saying this, but i have classic tags for both my 72 gs-455 and 86 gn. Everytime i go to car shows or cruse nights and see all those heavy mod. or race cars that have classic or antique tags it makes me mad!. The tags are used for cars that the factorys made them. No rollcage, big hood scoops, cragar wheels, wheelie bars and tubbed out and so on..... the tags are made to be used for cars the way they rolled out of the factory.. don't get me wrong you can make improvments to the motor or trans. or suspension, but make it look like it was it rolled out showroom floor. Sorry guys, but that's how i feel..

vince

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My car does look stock with the exception of the wheels Vince...it just has some minor engine improvements...:D

·
Registered
192 Posts
Other than a hood mounted fuel pressure gauge mine will look stock. Im even going with the reproduction GN wheels from Gbodyparts. For a car i drive maybe 12 times a year its not worth me getting inspection and emissions and pay high insurance. Yes its heavily modified but its stock outside.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I agree that the designation should be for cars that are stock or stock appearing. The problem comes in as to what should they be registered as?

Collector car registration, in NJ, is only good until they are 25 years old, then you have to go fully emission tested and inspected/regular insurance or QQ, nothing in between.

That being said, both my 86 GN and 72 Skylark are stock appearing beside wheels, and are both registered as antique. I would rather keep the GN as Collector, but it’s no longer an option.

Mike

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes its heavily modified but its stock outside.
No it ain't...it needs a cage

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Huh? Jersey don't have anything but emissions testing for ALL cars.. Collector & Historic registration is no inspection at all.. And Collector cars is new to 25 years old. So theoretically you can have a new car in NJ that requires NO inspection

State of New Jersey - Motor Vehicle Commission

I

Collector car registration, in NJ, is only good until they are 25 years old, then you have to go fully emission tested and inspected/regular insurance or QQ, nothing in between.

Mike

·
car crazy from birth
729 Posts
One of the requirements for the "Collector Status" is that it be insured as a Collector Car... thus not all "new cars" would qualify. I considered an 06 GTO before I bought the GN... Condon & Skelly told me that they would NOT put such a car on my Classic/Antique/Collector Policy. Obviously I can't say that other companies would have the same interpretation.
I also thought that one of the other "Collector" requirements was to present evidence to MVC that the car was indeed "collectible" :dunno:
I'm sure that there could be an instance of Police citing someone for a vehicle that appears to be "ineligble" as "historic" per the MVC rules... especially considering the "use" limitations. I keep hoping that it doesn't happen to me.
All that said, the MVC doesn't give us a lot of choices. All we can do is work with what is available. The QQ tags are one of only 2 good deals in the whole state (that I know of), we gotta go for it :yup:

·
Registered
133 Posts
One of the requirements for the "Collector Status" is that it be insured as a Collector Car... thus not all "new cars" would qualify. I considered an 06 GTO before I bought the GN... Condon & Skelly told me that they would NOT put such a car on my Classic/Antique/Collector Policy. Obviously I can't say that other companies would have the same interpretation.
I also thought that one of the other "Collector" requirements was to present evidence to MVC that the car was indeed "collectible" :dunno:
I'm sure that there could be an instance of Police citing someone for a vehicle that appears to be "ineligble" as "historic" per the MVC rules... especially considering the "use" limitations. I keep hoping that it doesn't happen to me.
All that said, the MVC doesn't give us a lot of choices. All we can do is work with what is available. The QQ tags are one of only 2 good deals in the whole state (that I know of), we gotta go for it :yup:

This by far. But I love that we don't need any sort of inspection. Keeps all of us not running our cats or the gutted stock cats.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Thats funny 'cause my 07 Mustang GT is indeed on Condon & Skellys's collector insurance.. C&S does take all cars as collector cars..

·
car crazy from birth
729 Posts
Interesting...
I think that Condon & Skelly has changed owners and insurance companies since 2009 when I had asked about the 06 GTO - maybe they have changed their tune a little... or maybe I got bad info back then:dunno:?? I was very surprised to be "turned down" like that at the time.
Thanks for the update, good to know.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts