Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
A good in line pump... SX etc. Cotton's offers a good turbo controler, or the ANS unit is good too.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I *think* I have to make a custom downpipe for my project with maybe custom headers. So what inch should I use? 3"?

·
Registered
156 Posts
If you can use 3" do so. You can get the mandrel bends at a big truck parts store or at tne local NAPA. I have found the bends at the specialty truck parts stores are a little cheaper. Get aluminized or stainless if you have a tig welder or have access to one. RJS racing has the exhaust flanges if you are going to build a set of headers.

------------------
86 GN 11.0's
87 T Daily driver
87 T Drag Car under
construction

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
92 camaro 3.8L turbo. What should I use for the fuel system? And would it be smart to invest in a boost controller like this http://store5.yimg.com/I/supra_1662_2215594 ?
I can tell you from my experiences building this RX-7/GN Motored car, the last thought on my mind is what kind of boost controller I will use. Concentrate on getting the car to run the way it was intended, and then go from there. The stock boost control system isn't that bad, and if you want to mix it up just get a mechanical bleeder valve to start out with. I am a believer in keeping things close to how they were origianlly designed. Why not use the TTA heads (which are a dime a donzen) and get some TTA headers (which are not).

Then why not use the TTA downpipe from Terry Houston and use TTA motor mounts? I am oblivious to fittment in your hyrid situation, but I would think there are plenty of parts already made for your specific swap to keep things simple yet effective. You are going to have enough on your plate like wiring, fuel, A/C, P/S and plumbing...

Unless you have done a swap like this before, I would fine it very intimitading to add boost controllers, custom exhaust, headers ect.. and get the thing to run correctly right out of the box...

How far along is your swap? Keep us posted. There are plenty of guys that can help here and I think you are ahead of the game seeing how the doner is an older F-Body.

------------------

Stock Block, Stock Cam, PTE-52, Champion Heads, V4, MSD50's, TH DP, JayJackson 62mm TB, 16position MaxEffort Chip. 3680# with Driver
12.0 @ 116.5mph w/20psi using 17.9* timing

mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can someone tell me why I see GN and TTA guys wanting and buying LS1 and LS6 MAFs????

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
'Cause the originals aren't made anymore and are very expensive for NOS parts.

Translator and LS1 MAF's is a good solution about the same price and more tunable with more flow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts