Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

Been browsing on here for a few days, and decided to register.

Here is the story, I bought an 87 off ebay, have not seen it, have not touched it, and only have a few pictures that I can even get an idea of what I got.

So from what the owner previous has told me, car has 89,000 miles on it, engine was rebuilt 10,000 miles ago. Its a GN, but I have not seen the service identification sticker, or the piles of receipts that are in the car waiting for me to go through.

Known upgrades so far go like this.
Heads are ported and polished, 42.5 lb injectors, hot wire fuel pump kit, Kenny bell fuel pump, 3" turbo back exhaust single shot, turbonetics race gate, Cross drilled and vented front rotors, powder coated calipers, rear pinion snubber, driveshaft loop, boxed rear control arms, all new body and front end bushings, Lunati 200/200 cam, powermaster pulled and swapped for a standard vacuum brake.

Ok, now that we have all that out of the way, I am sure some of you will spot a lot of other goodies on this that I have not seen, nor know anything about. Since you are nodding your head, I have your attention...

I am not going to see the car until May, because I am a government contractor currently overseas. I do not get a vacation until then.

Car was purchased out of Port Charolette Florida, and moved about 30 miles south to my fathers house. He currently has it, but is about as car knowledgeable as my 2 month old grandson.

So fill me in guys, tell me what you see.

Sean

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome to the forum. It sure looks clean and all there. :6:

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Rims & steering wheel aren't my taste. Paint looks fresh but hard to tell from a pic. Mandatory reading is here Vortex Buicks & Turbo Regal Web Site
Find out what chip is in the car & if not a modern one call Eric at TurboTweak Home for a new one.
Take it easy until you have time to verify all the basics are working properly or you will be spending $$$ on headgaskets. Also an alky kit from Julio is almost a must these days to really enjoy the Fun Factor! Just be careful cuz these cars are called Black Crack for a reason! :yup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not too keen on the wheels myself, but this car will sit for 3-4 months at a time (between vacations) I am taking your advice, I am not new to turbo cars, just new to the GN's. I lived in Okinawa for a few years and played with the Nissan Skylines for a while. Last one I owned was a GT-R.

I have a lot to look through, car does run, and drive right now, but I have to learn sometime. I have been a mechanic for over 20 years, just never got to play with these yet. So there will be some technical questions asked as I find out more on the car, and what has been done to it. I will start a new thread once I get behind the wheel and can list everything on the car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The anticipation kills me, this is the fifth vehicle I have bought on ebay, and out of the 5, my harley is the only one I got to ride before another family member either picked up the vehicle, or got it for themself.

Buying stuff from 7000 miles away is always a crap shoot, but I will say this, I have gambled on every one of them, and come out on top all 5 times.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi folks,

Been browsing on here for a few days, and decided to register.

Here is the story, I bought an 87 off ebay, have not seen it, have not touched it, and only have a few pictures that I can even get an idea of what I got.

So from what the owner previous has told me, car has 89,000 miles on it, engine was rebuilt 10,000 miles ago. Its a GN, but I have not seen the service identification sticker, or the piles of receipts that are in the car waiting for me to go through.

Known upgrades so far go like this.
Heads are ported and polished, 42.5 lb injectors, hot wire fuel pump kit, Kenny bell fuel pump, 3" turbo back exhaust single shot, turbonetics race gate, Cross drilled and vented front rotors, powder coated calipers, rear pinion snubber, driveshaft loop, boxed rear control arms, all new body and front end bushings, Lunati 200/200 cam, powermaster pulled and swapped for a standard vacuum brake.

Ok, now that we have all that out of the way, I am sure some of you will spot a lot of other goodies on this that I have not seen, nor know anything about. Since you are nodding your head, I have your attention...

I am not going to see the car until May, because I am a government contractor currently overseas. I do not get a vacation until then.

Car was purchased out of Port Charolette Florida, and moved about 30 miles south to my fathers house. He currently has it, but is about as car knowledgeable as my 2 month old grandson.

So fill me in guys, tell me what you see.

Sean
Nice ride, but am i the only one who doesnt like all those big aftermarket gauges??? Take the clean look away from the car in my opinion. But still very nice. :cheers:

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Nice looking car, I actually don't mind the rims. What kind of chip does it have in it? Why is the IAT in the up pipe? Why doesn't the oil filler tube have a cap or filter on it? Car looks like it has a different coil pack on it. Not a fan of the steering wheel, I like the original one. It has an aftermarket speedo. Hard to tell with pictures but the car looks pretty good!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts