Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car unfortunately doesn't have posi traction so,i've got to buy the right parts and install them and hopefully i can do this inexpensively;also i'm wandering how many tenths a posi traction would get me in the quarter mile over my non-posi traction car(my car ran 15.3stock and no tune up when i first bought it,sounds kinda slow too me but,would non-posi make it that slow) ?Any thoughts would help.thanks jay :)

<small>[ June 18, 2003, 10:27 AM: Message edited by: jay ]</small>

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Eaton...

depends upon how much you can improve your short times...5 tenths I would guess.

I have seen peg legs with a lot of air in the passenger air bag run 12s...so who knows?

<small>[ June 19, 2003, 05:41 PM: Message edited by: Steve Wood ]</small>

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HELLO STEVE,what price range would EATON probably charge ?Will i be able to keep my axle and carrier and buy whatever i need from EATON?Thanks :p

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Give Jack Cotton a call-probably about $350 plus you will need a pair of matching carrier bearings, and a shim kit. If you have not done this type of thing before, find someone local to install it for you.

Order the damn boost gauge while you are at it! :D

Tell Jack that Radius and I want a commission check because we are tired of working for nothing! :)

<small>[ June 19, 2003, 05:41 PM: Message edited by: Steve Wood ]</small>

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MR.STEVE thanks again for making my problems go away alittle easier. :)
i'll definately be getting an order sent to me this week and a BOOST GAUGE is included who can i call on that can compete with parts like POSTON'S or should i just use them for varies parts such as gauge holders gauges injectors and chips? powersix have a great night by the way do these car ever not have a problem;i have an oil leak behing the pulley today and it may be the timing gasket or that metal hose that goes into the turbo to the block;damn!i just change the oil two days ago . :D

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
just find a vendor that you like.

<small>[ June 19, 2003, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: Steve Wood ]</small>

·
Registered
46 Posts
POWER TRAXX IS THE WAY TO GO!! EASY TO INSTALL. 1and 1/2 hours max. you can use your stock carrier .no ring and pinion to reset! also no clutches to burn up either. around 375.00 dollars but worth every penny in my opinion!!!!! hope this helps... also they warrant it for 1000 hp and 2 years!!!! powersix headbang

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
power traxx it is then;i'm sold :) i'll call summit and see about availability,i hope that it will help my 15.3 (1/4 mile)time :( thanks guys :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just read the web page for the power trax product, and I am not clear on what it is or how it works. The page read like an infomercial: its great! its great! but we wont tell you how it work. Is is a limited slip diff? or a locker that you have to manually engage? or a combination of the two? Anyone know?

·
Registered
5 Posts
One more thing: I put the eaton posi in my 87 turbo t, cost me $525 installed at a local shop, and works great. Quiet and nice, long, black strips on the road.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yea what he said :confused: Is it a posi traction /limited slip style or is it a locker style;lord knows i don't need a locker the way i handle the canyons :D ??

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i hope that it will be straight forward info and not misleading (decifeling) like a code translation.Florida 87tt stated that he found there written info to be unclear as to whether it is a posi style or locker style sytem.Anyone else out there on this site have any knowledge as to whether POWER TRAXX is a good choice for a street strip turbo buick.Lord knows i can't make that decision on my own. :eek:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Power Traxx is great it is the best of both worlds.. it is a locker when you are going in a straight line and rachets to release in the turns[ unless you are on the power then it will lock and go.] It can be installed very easily , as I said before.And for nice posi black marks you cant beat it, you can lay some major marks if you wish. I got mine from <randys ring and pinion> phone # is 1-800-347-1188 also part # is PT 92-0785-2805 cost me 403.00 delivered to my door... powersix headbang

1 - 17 of 17 Posts