Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Around the coner from me is an 87 grand national. Its been sittin for as long i can remember, last inspected in 2001, body is pretty straight but the paints faded. It doesnt have t tops. The filler pieces that are on the body behind the bumpers are both cracked front and rear. The car is owned by older woman probly in her 50s. She bought it new and it now has 72,xxx miles. Its a friend of a friends aunt and we talked for a second and she told me to do my research and come back. Im sure she knows what she has.
My question is what is the car worth. And what do you think i should offer her? Im sure im missing key details you guys need to tell or make a suggesion so just ask if you need more info. I'm hopin shes tired of lookin at it and wants to get rid of the car. I looked around but i keep finding restored, mint condition cars. If u guys could lead me in the right direction it be very apprciated.

·
Registered
895 Posts
i just bought one with 81k miles on it. i payed 8500 for it. its all about what you want to spend and does it run. offer her something you feel comfortable if you need financing you can use usaa they will finance these cars for 60 months. but remember its going to take more money to get it going and keep it going. mostly vacume hoses and changing all fluids to get it running but then tires and brakes. you know all the good stuff. buy it cheap and resell it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i believe the car runs. scares me to start it tho. id rather just drain all the fluids and start fresh. i really didnt get to look at itt that much like under the hood, inside, trunk. i really dont want the car for myself i just thought id flip it if the price is right. you payed 8500 for yours, but do u think its worth more? did u get that as a steal?
if i was to get the car, id clean the paint up and hopefully bring it back from the faded color. change all fluids and just get it runnin nicely and just sell it. what do u think you'd pay for it if it was just a running, pretty clean, one owner car? well two owner lol. sorry for all the questions i just wanna see if its worth it to even bother. i have no problem payin 8000 or whatever it might be if i was sure that the car would be worth more. im gonna talk to her first and ill get back to you guys. best thing is to get a baseline for now and figure it out laterr.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i believe the car runs. scares me to start it tho. id rather just drain all the fluids and start fresh. i really didnt get to look at itt that much like under the hood, inside, trunk. i really dont want the car for myself i just thought id flip it if the price is right. you payed 8500 for yours, but do u think its worth more? did u get that as a steal?
if i was to get the car, id clean the paint up and hopefully bring it back from the faded color. change all fluids and just get it runnin nicely and just sell it. what do u think you'd pay for it if it was just a running, pretty clean, one owner car? well two owner lol. sorry for all the questions i just wanna see if its worth it to even bother. i have no problem payin 8000 or whatever it might be if i was sure that the car would be worth more. im gonna talk to her first and ill get back to you guys. best thing is to get a baseline for now and figure it out laterr.

·
Registered
895 Posts
start low try 6 all she can do is say no. go up from there you say 8 she says 9. you say 6 she says 8. i sell cars for a living start low. go up little each time tell her how much work it will be to get it going. your saving this car from sitting there rotting away and its american mucle at its best. if you dont buy it i will. as far as mine i have it on craigslist for 12,500 will i get it,yes.I have had people call me just to tell me its too much. well if its too much dont buy it.but again i start high and go lower. just make a profit if your selling it. two things i have learned about what i do. i am not here to make friends. I am here to make a buck so myself and kids can have fun. so my recomendation is its a one owner get it cheap clean it up and sell it cause you will get hooked and spend way to much on it.

·
Registered
895 Posts
just go start the car if it runs without knocking you will be fine just make sure it has oil in it.water too if your letting it run for a bit. i would recomend you let it run for a bit. it will probably idle high if it does run. due to vacume leaks.

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
ed is right start at 2g's. a car with 81000 miles with some dings in it is NOT worth 12500..

anyway, drop the tank, put all new fluids in it, fresh gas disconnect the ecm crank it for a bit get oil up in it and fire it up. if you want to flip it if you get it for 2g's sell it cheap for 5 or 6 make your money and run to the bank with a SEG. just my $.02

·
Registered
895 Posts
:headbang:
ed is right start at 2g's. a car with 81000 miles with some dings in it is NOT worth 12500..

anyway, drop the tank, put all new fluids in it, fresh gas disconnect the ecm crank it for a bit get oil up in it and fire it up. if you want to flip it if you get it for 2g's sell it cheap for 5 or 6 make your money and run to the bank with a SEG. just my $.02
his had 74k miles on it and she also knows what she has. but yes start low go up from there.

·
'86 GN
1,435 Posts
Just gotta know. Is anybody abusing this site to use Steve, Rob and anybody else for anything other than what is in intended?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Just gotta know. Is anybody abusing this site to use Steve, Rob and anybody else for anything other than what is in intended?
i am curious as to what you mean. This website has a ton of information.The guys you speak of know more about these cars than i could ever dream of knowing and i respect there opionions,having said this most of the time i have to hear the same thing over and over for it to one make sence and to know that its recomended. I am not sure what you are asking but for us village idiots could you please tell us what you mean. i think the most of us are hear to gain the wisdom these people have so we can keep these cars on the road.

·
'86 GN
1,435 Posts
It just seems the swap meet and cars for sale would be the better venue. i can appreciate the inquiries none the less.

·
Registered
895 Posts
i got ya. i think he's all fixed up. this is a great site though i just wish i had the brains to soak it all in. Some of these guys are getting out of it and just tell you i am to busie to help but they know way to much to just give up.

·
'86 GN
1,435 Posts
i know what you mean.

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Rob is available for long moonlight walks.
but ed is available for car fixing, and going to see brooklyn's finest sights :yup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts