Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..what would you get ??

starting to look into getting a new car for myself in place of my 96 Monte Carlo Z34 for a dd.
Trying to figure out what to get myself :dunno:
Havent really searched around yet, but since everyone here has a common
TR interest like myslef, id see what your into..

·
Registered
430 Posts
Something without a monthly payment! :D

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
socalgn said:
id definitely get one of those :cheers:

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
I like the new Grand Prixs.

·
Registered
430 Posts
It's a loaded question- $30k @ 0% interest for 60 months is still a $500 payment, and that's before you even start the car!! Factor in fuel and insurance costs, maintenance, and depreciation, and the ol' Buick starts to look better and better.....

If you must buy, the new Pontiac/Saturn roadster is pretty sweet at about $21k.

FWIW, I ride a 2005 Suzuki C-50 for the daily commute. Yes, it's paid for!!

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
I drive a econo box Madza RX 7 .. no payment eithier .. :D

·
Gotta love the autobahn!
2,726 Posts
socalgn said:

They discontinued that option YEARS AGO!! Sorry.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Im gonna vouche for a vibe, ive had 0 technical difficulties. The only difficulties were cosmetic, and I believe have been dealt with in the new ones since mine is a first year. Even has utility to carry lots of parts in it.

A caliber might be a good option, however I found the cvt2 to be sluggish out of the hole. It apparently gets alot faster after break in, but thats just what they say on the forum.

·
Someone Crown My Ass!
7,081 Posts
Unless you have money burning a hole why not go used or as mentioned pay cash? I have come to the conclusion that someone will tear up my **** anyways so why pay a lot for it? My last two DD's have been salvage rebuilds with low mileage.... paid cash for both (both Hondas) :D

·
Village Idiot
4,813 Posts
I replaced my 14 yr old Ranger PU with a 1 yr old one with 15K miles. Bought off ebay (local truck) and it's a peach!! Has the Edge pkg, 290 watt Pioneer 6 disk CD, Bedliner & is an extended cab (4 doors) List was $21K and I paid $13.6K. Handed him a check at my CU. Got the wife a new Accord last year too. Wrote a check for that one. After I turned 40 I figured out that I don't make enough money to hire some rich guy to loan me money for my toys. If I don't have it, I don't buy. One day, some Asian country is going to buy this whole damn country being as how we're all so much in debt in here the USA. :usa: :sw:

·
Registered
23 Posts
new, if it were me.... id probally have to say a GTO, they probally have some incentives or some way you could get it under 30k, maybe a new mustang GT, but probally a RCSB 4x4 1500 would be my choice. dont know, just sugestions i could go on for a while. aslo like everybody else said you can always go with one thats 1 or 2 years old, let someone else take the initial depreciation hit for you :). im not sure ill ever buy a new car.

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
it depends on what you want. do you want luxury and economy? if so i strongly vouche for the new VW jetta package 2 TDI. the interior is right out of the audi A4.

if you want used.. i got a real nice supercharged monte SS forsale :D can deliver!

·
I want a Z06
6,024 Posts
I'd get a 2006 Mustang GT with a 5-speed. Under 30K and a nice fun car to drive back and forth to work.

GTOs are ok if you can deal with the drop dead boring styling. I can't. :D

·
Just a member
68 Posts
socalgn said:
If you must buy, the new Pontiac/Saturn roadster is pretty sweet at about $21k.
I dont know that it is everywhere, but every Potiac Solstice we get we mark up 5k. We had a 6000 mile used one we sold for 4k over the original sticker. We get maybe 3 a month at this point and they sell immediately!

·
Registered
193 Posts
I replaced my Caddy Deville with an '06 Accord :eek!:

The good: Good gas mileage, awesome resale value, easy to drive, will not have to work on for many years (except oil changes), my 2 kids' car seats easily fit in the back seat, made mostly here in Ohio, and it is very safe (airbags all over the place).

The bad: kinda boring.

I have been very happy with it so far :wink:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts