Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been checking my throttle body and after taking it apart the IAC pintle was retracted aver 1/4 " from the seat, is this normal? My original problem was high IAC counts at idle 44 and in drive 113. Any suggestions or ideas? Gene

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Hey Gene
Since the chip is trying to command the idle speed through the IAC, and you have a problem with high counts, seems to say the butterfly isn't open wide enough and the ecm is calling for more air. Have you tried adjusting the butterfly screw clockwise (and resetting the TPS) and waiting to see if the count come down?

BTW What are your MAF #'s at idle?

Just throwing some other stuff out there.
O2 sensor going south causing erratic idle?
Exhaust leak causing rich condition?

Paul

------------------
1972 Toyota Celica with a 87 TR drive train.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Paul, the O2 is new, the chip is suppose to fit my combination? MAF counts don't know but my TB throttle plate doesn't seem to fit tight. I'm having it checked and then will try to reset everything. I'll install my ME chip and try it! Thanks! Gene

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi Gene,

I don't know about the actual pintle position upon removal, but I do know that when shut off, my OTC 2000 says that the IAC count is 150, which I would think puts it retracted from it's seat all the way till next start request?

For the record, Gene's TB isn't one of mine, but I'm the one checking it for him... didn't want anyone jumping to conclusions!

Thanks,

------------------
Jay Jackson
(the 62MM TB guy!)
http://hometown.aol.com/ygettv8/myhomepageindex.html

"YGETV8" '86 gray T-Type 94K... high tens...?? (Finally together and running for the first time in 5 years... but more work needed!) Girdled stock block, Stealth turbo, 62-65mm TB, PI 9.5" 7-disc, Jimmy's Trans, P&P heads, 218/218, Hooker Headers, 3" D.P., HKS w.g., thumbwheel chip, and more... (previously ran [email protected] with the stock long block, DOTs, thru the muff, & on pump gas!)

'86 GN "Beater"... 144K driver w/ P&P stock turbo, 21.5 psi boost, K&N, 3" DP and ported elbow, Z93 chip, 30# inj., Walbro 307, AFPR, new valve springs, alum. drums, 2.5" IC neck, 62mm TB/upper, and that's about it! Best ET: 12.61 (on 215/65 all season radials!); best MPH: 111.97! Now: pump gas, alky and GNX wheels w/ Radial TAs = 12.60 @ 110.87!

'87 WE4 60K ... "stock appearing": TA61, MJ 17 row IC, Blue tops, Alky and 93 octane, 62mm TB, P&P stock elbow w/ 3" DP, and even the "stock" airbox! [email protected] w/ a lousy 1.967 60' full weight and through the muffs!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts