Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the other readings on my scanmaster are right where they should be, but the IAC is in the 90s? It didn't go there until resetting the IAC. Now the rest of the car is great. Idle is improved, BLMs and INTs are right both around 128, TPS .44, fuel pressure 36 with the line off, and performance is great. Fast spool, great torque, 02s fine. anyone any ideas as to what is up?

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
park, drive? ac on or off? engine cold or hot?

·
SCONE WIZARD...
704 Posts
What are your IAC counts in Park? Should be around 15-20 when the car is fully warmed and idling in Park.. At least thats what mine are.

Let us know what the IAC reads in Park or Neutral with the engine hot and idling.

------------------
Steve Ruston
1987 Turbo Limited

·
Registered
279 Posts
If I understand the procedure on Chad's web page from Joe L, anything over 50 just by-passes the IAC and takes it out of the equation, correct? Once the throttle is opened so far the computer doesn't recognize the IAC anymore and uses a different part of the table in the chip(?). This is one way to cure tip-in stumble. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong pleeeease..

KS

------------------

87GN, 12.05 @ 111, SIXTY FOOT 1.60-LAUNCH 15#, BONE STOCK LONG BLOCK, STOCK I.C. (BELL MOUTHED), STOCK TRANS/CONV, Stock Turbo, 009'S, RED'S 107 CHIP. HOME MADE 3" DOWN PIPE. RUNS CONSISTANT 12.10'S-12.11'S.

http://www.geocities.com/kdslaby/solidworks.html

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
seems like mine is a bit over 50 in drive...but mine is set on zero in park for the ME chip.

Normally 15-30 in Park fully warm is good. Some cars like to be closer to 30 and some closer to 15.

In drive, it will vary dependent upon the load on the engine. Looser converter will have lower number, ac on will raise it, etc.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welp, the car made a liar out of me. Today the IAC counts were in the 40-50 range. During this time it was 91 degrees ambient, 190 degree water temp, idling in drive at a light. IAC count is 34 at idle in neutral/park.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
sounds like you are close enuf to the high end of the range to be fine. If you like the idle, leave it alone...if you want to lower it, turn the idle air screw in a little...be sure to re check your tps as this will raise it at idle.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went back and reset the IAC again as well as the TPS and fuel pressure. Now I'm right in the ballpark:

TPS= .44
IAC= 20 neutral, 34 in drive
FP= 38 line off
INT= 127
BLM= 125

190º water temp
89º ambient temp

Thanks for all the responses!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts