Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok ,i had my scanmaster 2.1 with me and never got any knock just a 0.0 reading.The 02's were in the low 800's to 840's at wot and around 805 at idle with a thrasher 92 chip.
My car is a non-posi and at the track i had a hard time getting good traction without wheelspin but anyway i happy.
my car has stock injectors and 237fpr,RUNNING STOCK BOOST ?NON-ADJ.WASTEGATE 4inch cold air kit.
15inch nitto drag radials 20pounds air.
here goes 1/4mile times
.522 light
60' 2.162
330 ... 6.020
1/8... 9.270
mph... 75.22
1000... 12.091
1/4... 14.491
mph... 93.74

car had full tank of 94octane and me and my son in it. temp F.77
HUMIDITY 100
BAROMETER 0

SO i know i had problems hooking up and it's non-posi 15x7inch wheels the car really felt good though .I'm looking forward now to putting the adjustable wastegate on and the boost gauge,accufab adj.fpr,knock gauge and fuel pressur gauge.

do you guys think that this is about right for the above times and mph with stock boost and trasher92chip or should it be faster? :)

·
Someone Crown My Ass!
7,081 Posts
Yup! My old GN with stock everything except a test pipe and upgraded exhaust went [email protected] MPH with a posi. That is real good! I know of some that have went 7's in the 1/8th with one wheel peel. Need slicks though yup If you decide to get a posi buy an Eaton and you are done.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if i get a posi what will i probably gain in the 1/4mile?i know i probably had water on the non-posi wheel tonight . :(

oh yea the altitude at the track is around 1400ft i don't know how that affects real life. :confused:

<small>[ August 14, 2003, 12:59 AM: Message edited by: white shadow ]</small>

·
Someone Crown My Ass!
7,081 Posts
I wouldn't expect more than .1-.2 from a posi at that level. You are running what you should at this point.

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
At 1400 ft and 100% hum thats good. Bad air and 1400ft will slow you down a few tenths. Your next upgrade should be a posi rear. Any power gained with engine improvements will be lost on traction.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
good ok.
i will say my local track makes it impossible to go around the water for us non-posi guys and i know that water is staying on my left tire.So,yes i need a posi to at the very minimum get the water spun off. I'm going to install my fuel gauge,knock gauge and audible detector,volt booster,fan hi/low switch,cam tool,accu fab adj.fpr today. Where do i screw the fuel gauge bracket in?Do i put it in the hood it self or somewher else?
As for the posi i have got to wait until i free up some moolah!I just bought a truck and finished a big block olds and the trans am is beibng painted.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Now, that is better! Once you get that boost gauge installed, and a posi in the back, you will be ready to turn the boost up a pound at a time until you see retard, then back off and start dipping into the 13s.

Get the injectors, chip, and some race gas and look for the 12s. Order a race chip with some timing if you want to really use that race gas.

It is really nice to see progress! :) Now, Salvage may finally have some competition!! Maybe.....*g*

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Pump gas and alky. only way to fly. :)

A dual ball bearing 66 wouldn't hurt either. :cool: powersix

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've allready decided that, i'm going to run race gas and race chip at track with heated 02sensor and non heated sensor street chip and 94gas on street.I'll try that first :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
salvageV6:
Pump gas and alky. only way to fly. :)

A dual ball bearing 66 wouldn't hurt either. :cool: powersix
Not sure about anybody else, but I know that dual ball bearing turbo would definately hurt my pocket book yup

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Yup.

I know where to get one reasonable, about $1800. eek!

Have no clue if they work well however especially on a driver. wink

I might prefer a single BB so you don't need the water cooling and all... powersix

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

·
So easy cavemen can do it
534 Posts
a basically stock GN will run high 13's, low 14's depending on track conditions and air temp...so with the crappy conditions that is not a bad time...

now time to start modding...get a good street chip for 93 gas and a good race chip for 110 octane...with 110 leaded i was able to run up to 23 psi on the stock turbo on a 45-degree night...i also ran slicks and launched with about 10 lbs of boost...get an rjc powerplate...your headgaskets will thank you...and possibly injectors unless your stock ones have fairly low miles on them and are clean...

with just alot of bolt ons and stupid mods like that using stock turbo, injectors, intercooler, trans, rear, motor i was able to run 12.2 @ 112 mph...just gotta have everything right...hope that helps a bit...

<small>[ August 16, 2003, 03:02 AM: Message edited by: d0n_3d ]</small>

1 - 15 of 15 Posts