Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Flyn Greek
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well was driving the GN today was past due for an oil change had it out all day ran super on my way home at 7:30 after dinner pull into WAWA i hear bang clunk right rear of the car barely moves on sharp turns get into a spot check nothing hanging off runs fine trans goes into gear so i come out jump it put it in reverse clunk bang pop barely got it out of the spot so i nurse it home so fellas is my pose shot and Jeff if you read this i'll be seeng you this weekend :rolleyes: so what do you guys think

·
Blue T Chrome trim
519 Posts
Sorry to hear that dude. Where these noises coming from? the exhaust? the rear? the motor? :dunno:

·
Flyn Greek
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
i thought jeffys rear was an open ( im talking about the 8.5 guys )
could be the brake pad popped of and grabbed the drum

ive broken the stock posi spider gears and that was a little clunky

you wont know till you open her up
Haven't baught Jeff's yet with all the holiday bs any yes his an 8.5 open the one in the car is a 7.5 eaton posi could have been the brake shoe and no this wasn't just clunky it felt like the drive shaft was getting ready to be ripped off but going home it didn't do chit almos like the pin was getting ready to come out. Hell Dave time to get the right one under her now if i can con a good Doc into selling me a posi and putting the whole thing together :)

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
I'm around all day today if you want to come pick it up! Just give me a buzz.

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
I have a 8.5 3.42 rear but with no posi. Its sitting in my driveway I was going to put it on the old GN. Im swapping the new Buick with the Posi on my old one. I just cracked it open last week its in really good shape but no Posi.

Stefan.

·
David
839 Posts
Haven't baught Jeff's yet with all the holiday bs any yes his an 8.5 open the one in the car is a 7.5 eaton posi could have been the brake shoe and no this wasn't just clunky it felt like the drive shaft was getting ready to be ripped off but going home it didn't do chit almos like the pin was getting ready to come out. Hell Dave time to get the right one under her now if i can con a good Doc into selling me a posi and putting the whole thing together :)
i have to stop being lazy and make the trip to see the Doc too especially since i am going to lean on this bitch this spring.

·
Will Boost 4 Boobies!!!
2,768 Posts
Damn sorry to hear Achilles. Get it to the Doc, he'll get you back up and running in no time!

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
i have my stock posi laying around if you are interested. i was going to list it up this weekend. i also have some gears. dont remember if they are 3.73 or 4.10 laying around too. i even have some moser axles too.

·
Flyn Greek
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll let you know Don but can't I use the the stock gear from the open rear

1 - 11 of 11 Posts