Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well more like 12's, 12.6 @ 113mph being the best. And I did drive the GN the 2020mile round trip without a trailer and fit most everything I needed in my GN. Is my Buick the fastest out there? Nope, but guess what. I haven't blown a head gasket since 1999 and I can actually enjoy my car because it's not broken 80% of the time.

Glad I was able to show up and fly the TurboBuicks.com colors while the other Buick websites were sitting at home massaging their privates. So if you didn't bring a car or even show up, I guess I went a whole lot faster than you ever did @ Indy 2006. :cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Orlando_87GN said:
.....broken 80% of the time.
I'm more like 94%. I envy the ability of some folks to drive it anywhere anytime more than the timeslips, really.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Orlando_87GN said:
Well more like 12's, 12.6 @ 113mph being the best. And I did drive the GN the 2020mile round trip without a trailer and fit most everything I needed in my GN. Is my Buick the fastest out there? Nope, but guess what. I haven't blown a head gasket since 1999 and I can actually enjoy my car because it's not broken 80% of the time.
While I didn't make a pass, I did let some folks drive my car, and was still able to drive it home... <G>
It would have been more fun, if that Porsche had wanted to play....

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Orlando_87GN said:

:cheers:
I bet you suck at cul de sac racing, tho'!

·
nero v. 2.0
3,323 Posts
Orlando_87GN said:
I haven't blown a head gasket since 1999 and I can actually enjoy my car because it's not broken 80% of the time.

After enjoying my first head gasket and bad/old motor issues, I'm on your mode of thinking!! Cheers to that type of durability and enjoying of the vehicle!!!

:cheers:

·
General Useless POS
1,801 Posts
Doc1of7 said:
While I didn't make a pass, I did let some folks drive my car, and was still able to drive it home... <G>
It would have been more fun, if that Porsche had wanted to play....
Bruce, you coming to BPG in Salem? I still owe ya a soda or something.....

Would be great to finally meet the master

·
I got it figured out
5,272 Posts
We were there and saw Mike's passes, the guy handles that car as good as he handles the F-14s he pilots on the weekends.

Mike carries himself as a pilot and that is evident by the pilot look he was sporting in the interview we did with him.

Good job Maverick :usa:

·
I got it figured out
5,272 Posts

·
old skool
3,738 Posts
i had an 87 t back in 97 it had alot of mods and was pretty fast it stayed broke!! the 85 i had before it was mostly stock but very dependable i liked the 85 better!! thats why the gn i have now will be mild but fun!! i think if you want to go really fast you need to build a race car.its a shame to have a turbo buick and not be able to enjoy it!!

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
TurboJim said:
Bruce, you coming to BPG in Salem? I still owe ya a soda or something.....
A lemonade sounds good.. :)
I hope to.......

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
13's :dunno: seriouslly ...why bother??? :rolleyes: ... don't ya have a room you could paint and watch it dry ?? :dunno: :crazy:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts