Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, when I get on my car and boost her up it starts popping.It doesn't do it at any certain boost, just kinda randomly..could be 5psi..could be 15.I replaced my coil pack, module, plugs..(ac cr43ts gapped at .035), plug wires, pcv valve, fuel filter, and tried a friend's MAF sensor...with no luck. We hooked up his Scanmaster and it showed no problems..everything was what it should be..However, at the time we swapped on the module the boost wouldn't go past 5 psi.. happened a few times before. I am running out of money and ideas. This may be far fetched, but I do have a small hole in my MAF pipe (solid aluminum) from the bolt on the alternator hitting it. It has been like that for a while though so I dismissed it at first. Tomorrow I am filling the hole in just in case.Do you have any ideas what it may be.By the way..the fuel pump, a walbro, and adj. reg. and injectors are all pretty new.

------------------
Fast, but wanna be faster!!!

·
Resident Embraer Driver
1,160 Posts
Replace the sensor on the passenger side valve cover and the Y hose that connects to it.

I've heard through the grape vine that any poping under boost is due to what I had mentioned.

Joe

------------------
1986 Grand National
K&N and a paperclip

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, today I boosted one too many times it seems. I boosted up to see if it was still popping. Well, it popped and my car died. Now it won't crank back up. It turns over fine, but won't start.

------------------
Fast, but wanna be faster!!!

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine recently did the exact same thing. It turned out it was the positive battery cable the part that goes under the engine and up to the alternator was grounding on me. I chanded every sendor on this car and the computer before finding this. Casper Electronics sells a nice replacement one.

HTH
Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts