Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I got my DS to work. I guess turning on the car would have helped. lol What am I looking for on this, can someone post the important stuff to look for?

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also saved 3 different screens, with the print screen function, but my floppies are too small to hold a single file. each of them are about 2.1megs. :mad:

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Why do you want to print the screen? What is wrong with reading DAT files? You could save to your hard drive if it was big enough.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
and you can transfer the files to your desktop later...if you want to for a screen print.

I have DS loaded on my desktop...the program will run well on xp on the desktop...it just won't hook up to the hardware.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Steve Wood said:
and you can transfer the files to your desktop later...if you want to for a screen print.

I have DS loaded on my desktop...the program will run well on xp on the desktop...it just won't hook up to the hardware.
I have the files on the old laptop, but I cant get them onto a floppy, b/c they are too big.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
charleslong said:
I have the files on the old laptop, but I cant get them onto a floppy, b/c they are too big.
email them to the other machine, or network them

But, why not transfer the dat files to a floppy...they are small, read the dat files on the desktop and then do whatever you want to do. Not sure why you want to print a screen, anyway...but...dat files are tiny

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
charleslong said:
The .exe is only 252K, and the .ini 1K.
They should fit.
If you have a bunch of .dat files, they're not necessary to the .exe to work.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Steve Wood said:
email them to the other machine, or network them

But, why not transfer the dat files to a floppy...they are small, read the dat files on the desktop and then do whatever you want to do. Not sure why you want to print a screen, anyway...but...dat files are tiny
Steve, thanks for the post. I really dont know how to use DS. How do I save a dat file? I dont have a means of getting the computer connected to my computers on my network, thats why I cant get the files.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
read the ds instructions.

It tells you how to save...both quick save and an annotated file name save.

Then go to the ds directory and copy the file to floppy

Move them to the ds directory on your desktop and play them back.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok, guys, thanks for the help. I had a friend over today and he helped me with saving the data. How do I load the file up to the site?

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
I guess that was easier than reading the directions? :confused:

Copy the *.dat file. Then rename the file to something like *.zap as that is a file type that the board allows to be uploaded. Then use the manage attachments button and upload the file.

be sure to tell people that it is really not a zip file and that they have to rename it back to *.dat.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Steve Wood said:
I guess that was easier than reading the directions? :confused:

Copy the *.dat file. Then rename the file to something like *.zap as that is a file type that the board allows to be uploaded. Then use the manage attachments button and upload the file.

be sure to tell people that it is really not a zip file and that they have to rename it back to *.dat.
Thanks Steve,
OK, guys, do what Steve said. This is my first time trying to do this, hopefully it works.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
worked perfectly

now go read the directions! :)

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Steve Wood said:
worked perfectly

now go read the directions! :)
lol, I should go and read them. I havent had much time though. I have a few assignments that are do by midnight tomorrow and a bunch of stuff to do. :(
Give me your input Steve, if you have a second to look at it. I will try to get my hands on a better laptop tomorrow, so that I can get some readings while moving. :headbang:

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Have to look at it again. sitting at idle and blipping the throttle does not do much good as far as pertinent data goes. :)

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:headbang:
Steve Wood said:
Have to look at it again. sitting at idle and blipping the throttle does not do much good as far as pertinent data goes. :)
I will try to get some better data tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts