Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Village Idiot
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally broke into the 11's and almost into the 10's. My best run at Indy was [email protected] with a 1.59 60 foot. I went to Indy wanting an 11.50 and hoping for a 11.30. I got those on my first two passes. :D On Saturday my Transaltor Plus started working so I tried putting 4 more degrees of timing (24 total), but I blew first gear out again. The times are not to bad considering it has stock wore out 87 stock rear suspension and a stock elbow with a 2.5 down pipe. Needless to say even though the tranny let go, I was still very happy. :cheers:

I also wanted to thank the whole MAGNA Indy group. I had an absolute blast both at the track and off. I'm ready to go again next year. :D Hopefully I will get the tranny fixed by that time. :D

·
aka BURNRBR
874 Posts
Indy

nice, now fortify that tranny and hit the 10s!

·
Village Idiot
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2swoosh said:
nice, now fortify that tranny and hit the 10s!
I am going to talk to my tranny guy tonight. I talked to a guy at the track, he said it sounded like a blew a sprag out of it. Hopefully it will be back together before Cecil. But I've heard they are strict on the rules. So my GS Nats spec rules (no cage) won't fly. I've got one just haven't had the time to put it in. I did think Old Reliable would be going this fast so soon. That's why I haven't worried about it.

·
Dr. Nehi
1,011 Posts
Doug,
Congrats-- it was fantastic to watch you making such substantial gains! Great to finally meet face-to-face as well.

We'll look forward to seeing you go 10.99 in the fall.

·
Village Idiot
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scott GN231 said:
Doug,
Congrats-- it was fantastic to watch you making such substantial gains! Great to finally meet face-to-face as well.

We'll look forward to seeing you go 10.99 in the fall.

I hope so Scott, thanks for you help last week.

·
Gotta love the autobahn!
2,726 Posts
That's great news Doug. I see you wasted no time updating your signature. Congrats.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
congrats doug! its best when you surpass your expectations :headbang:

you commented on your worn out rear suspension- we need 10 more spots filled up for the UMI group buy :yup:

·
Neverlift Society
2,293 Posts
Great job Doug! How much boost were you running?

·
www.magnabuick.com
6,876 Posts
Yeah Doug, that was really neat watching you know down those times run after run.

Congratulations!!

-Banning.

·
Village Idiot
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1of1547 said:
You better believe it didn't take me long to update my signature.
Chris, it only took me 7 years and a lot of broken parts to get there. :D

Thanks for the offer on the rear suspension parts. I would love to upgrade the suspension but first I have to worry about the tranny. :(

Gregg I was running 25# of boosted both of my good runs.

Thanks again Banning for your help and a great time. :cheers:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Doug, just got back from my West Coast journey...

Nice meeting you, it was a blast! Thanks for the help wrenching : )

Congrats on the new times! Give an update on the trans and if it can be fixed cheap...

Later,
TD

·
Help computer!
913 Posts
Congrats again buddy!

·
Village Idiot
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Madboost said:
Doug, just got back from my West Coast journey...

Nice meeting you, it was a blast! Thanks for the help wrenching : )

Congrats on the new times! Give an update on the trans and if it can be fixed cheap...

Later,
TD
Thanks again for being my "Crew Chief" at Indy. I had a blast. My tranny guy told me to drop it off and he would look at it. He also thinks I blew a sprag. He said he would take care of me, so we will find out. I am dropping it off today.

Adam, hopefully I will be seeing you soon at Home Depot or Jimmy Cone.

·
Registered
329 Posts
If it is a stock sprag that is very possible. I remember talking with Deltrans a while back and they recomended it for the 350. Hopefully he can fix it on the cheap :yup:

Let me know when you want to take it back to shoot for the 10's :cool: With 4 degrees of timing it should be no problem.

Later,
TD

·
Whats that thing ?
2,650 Posts
Hey Doug, that is some great news. I have been scanning the board today, trying to catch up on some Indy info, since I just got back in the country after 2 weeks absense. I read a lot of great news. Sounds like everyone had a blast and some good racing took place.

I am real happy for you and your new times....Great job !! I have to figure out a way to get my GN at the track sometime soon... I think it is up to 1 inch of dust at this point...

·
Village Idiot
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Ted, I would like to get to the track before Cecil or any of the other races. It just depends on time and money. The guys I work with want to have another outting also. So hopefully I will get a couple more passes in. I will let you know.

Joe Indy was a blast. But of course it may of been that Old Reliable finally started putting good numbers down. :D I was on top of the world. Hopefully I will be attending next year again. :cheers:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts