Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I got it figured out
5,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW all I can say is quite a ride.

I have to admit at first the car is a little intimidating, you sit in this thing and it has got more buttons than the space shuttle combined with the creature comforts of the Ritz with leather seating all around.

With Ed as my co-pilot and Artie Chin riding shotgun in the back I took over on the PA pike right about halfway home around 6:30am.

So we are cruising listen to some tunes on XM radio and about an hour plus into my piloting the 93 Park Ave Ultra with Dynaride I started veering left towards the concrete divider, it musta been due to lack of sleep over the prior days getting to Indy.

With the divider coming closer I suddenly reeled the supercharged 93 Park Ave Ultra back in and got her steady in the left lane and coasted rather easily with the cruise control on.

It got scary there for a monemt because I didn't want to wreck Ed's baby, he loves that Park Ave that gets almost 30 to the gallon and never burns any oil with over 180,000 on the clock and the motor has never been opened.

Thankfully after that brush with death our ride home was uneventful and we pulled into posh Freehold about 9:30am and all parties were safely home.

Thanks for your understanding Ed and I hope I get to drive that beast again real soon.

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Ronny Fubar has a 99' [IIRC] and it's great inside.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Buicksx2 said:
WOW all I can say is quite a ride.

I have to admit at first the car is a little intimidating, you sit in this thing and it has got more buttons than the space shuttle combined with the creature comforts of the Ritz with leather seating all around.

With Ed as my co-pilot and Artie Chin riding shotgun in the back I took over on the PA pike right about halfway home around 6:30am.

So we are cruising listen to some tunes on XM radio and about an hour plus into my piloting the 93 Park Ave Ultra with Dynaride I started veering left towards the concrete divider, it musta been due to lack of sleep over the prior days getting to Indy.

With the divider coming closer I suddenly reeled the supercharged 93 Park Ave Ultra back in and got her steady in the left lane and coasted rather easily with the cruise control on.

It got scary there for a monemt because I didn't want to wreck Ed's baby, he loves that Park Ave that gets almost 30 to the gallon and never burns any oil with over 180,000 on the clock and the motor has never been opened.

Thankfully after that brush with death our ride home was uneventful and we pulled into posh Freehold about 9:30am and all parties were safely home.

Thanks for your understanding Ed and I hope I get to drive that beast again real soon.
lemme guess.....you got HOME a full second slower than the car was capable of if the owner (ED) were driving. :cheers:

·
I got it figured out
5,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
EightSecV6 said:
lemme guess.....you got HOME a full second slower than the car was capable of if the owner (ED) were driving. :cheers:
>>> or 2 seconds slower than my own car.........a 2004 Honda Civic Value Package.

·
It's the goFUR
1,757 Posts
Buicksx2 said:

Rich it's a good thing you smartly got out of it and didn't try to pedal cause you know the car would have come even closer to the wall. It’s a common mistake with inexperience in a much faster car. I guess knowing the limits of man and machine only comes with experience.

Art.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
in all those switches did you happen to find the one that he uses to flip down the front liscence plate at 1300 ft , i know there is one there somewhere :yup:

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
TurboDiverArt said:
Rich it's a good thing you smartly got out of it and didn't try to pedal cause you know the car would have come even closer to the wall. It’s a common mistake with inexperience in a much faster car. I guess knowing the limits of man and machine only comes with experience.

Art.
I am sure the car was insured so if he had hit the wall, he could have still driven it to go get something to eat.

He should have put Ed and Artie in the trunk so he would not have had to multitask while driving. :)

·
JR still sucks!
5,004 Posts
True story!

I'm banned from driving the Park Avenue. :( I hit the wrong button (memory seat settings) and almost crushed my kneecaps. :eek!: It also caused the ventilation system to malfunction and lose cabin pressure. It was definately a memorable experience driving the Park Avenue not almost losing my kneecaps! :yup: Ed was like the soup nazi as he ripped the Park Avenue keys from my hand and saying, "NO PARK AVENUE FOR YOU"!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
TurboDiverArt said:

Art.

>>> Nahh Art, You just need these:

Attachments

·
I got it figured out
5,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
rich its clear. after handling the ultra your ready for fuel dragsters. i'll make a call to DSR. tony can be your blocker!

·
I got it figured out
5,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Weak yet again Jim.........weak.

·
JR still sucks!
5,004 Posts
pacecarta said:
in all those switches did you happen to find the one that he uses to flip down the front liscence plate at 1300 ft , i know there is one there somewhere :yup:
Paul, after the memory switch incident and lost of cabin pressure I refrained from hitting switches.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.