1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
I got it figured out
5,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bill,

Not sure really where to start.

So many thanks for many things.

First off thanks for the efforts with my car last week and thanks for the rebuild, we are walking her up slowly and I know we are making good progress.

However last week in Norwalk was above and beyond the call of duty.

To those that weren't there here's the scenario, on Saturday we all went to the track early to do a little PM on the cars so that we were all ready for Sunday morning. We all had worked pretty hard with a whole lot of little things to do like plugs, connecting MAT wires etc so as we got to the last afternoon and finishing the cars up I had inadvertantly slipped in a puddle of mud due to all the rains.

Well needless to say the entire JCC crew and those around laughed like school girls and I too laughed as it was very funny.

Bill Anderson seeing me full of mud says "little buddy you are not looking good and a guy in your position as JCC President can't go around looking like $hit, you better go back to the hotel to take a shower".

To that he then says "I'll tell ya what, why don't you take my kick a$$ Ford Diesel with 30 psi plus of boost back to the hotel and take a shower".

Well it only took me 1 second to agree and off I went to the hotel in Bill's truck getting thumbs up form all the Dodge and Chevy boys drooling over "my" truck, or at least it was for a little bit.

Thanks again Bill, not sure how I can repay you...........first a 61 foot blast in your race car and now the chance to drive your Ford......thanks again :cheers:

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
how did you reach the pedals or see over the dash j/k :D sorry could not resist

·
\l/ Were winners go!
2,017 Posts
I think Ford trucks have pedal assemblies that move back and forth to aid people that are hieght challenged :)

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Anytime Rich, I saw you leaving the track in a black smoke filled cloud! Your car is coming around nicely best ever ET and MPH in only a few passes, this year looks promising.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
It is really nice to have a friend that will let you drive his truck when you need a ride. Mud, and, all. :cheers:

I think that Osabo intercooler is gonna be the secret to your success this season :cheers: :sw:

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Buicksx2 said:
Bill,

Not sure really where to start.

So many thanks for many things.

First off thanks for the efforts with my car last week and thanks for the rebuild, we are walking her up slowly and I know we are making good progress.

However last week in Norwalk was above and beyond the call of duty.

To those that weren't there here's the scenario, on Saturday we all went to the track early to do a little PM on the cars so that we were all ready for Sunday morning. We all had worked pretty hard with a whole lot of little things to do like plugs, connecting MAT wires etc so as we got to the last afternoon and finishing the cars up I had inadvertantly slipped in a puddle of mud due to all the rains.

Well needless to say the entire JCC crew and those around laughed like school girls and I too laughed as it was very funny.

Bill Anderson seeing me full of mud says "little buddy you are not looking good and a guy in your position as JCC President can't go around looking like $hit, you better go back to the hotel to take a shower".

To that he then says "I'll tell ya what, why don't you take my kick a$$ Ford Diesel with 30 psi plus of boost back to the hotel and take a shower".

Well it only took me 1 second to agree and off I went to the hotel in Bill's truck getting thumbs up form all the Dodge and Chevy boys drooling over "my" truck, or at least it was for a little bit.

Thanks again Bill, not sure how I can repay you...........first a 61 foot blast in your race car and now the chance to drive your Ford......thanks again :cheers:

>>> Well It's good to see you were able to get around. I'm happy you got to take one. I couldn't.

You could always use a milk crate to reach to legal height.

Ya that Billy is a OK guy. Letting you use the truck & all.

·
I got it figured out
5,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Otto J said:
I think Ford trucks have pedal assemblies that move back and forth to aid people that are hieght challenged :)
>>> And I thought the Chevy Duramax's came with spell check as an option, guess you wanted to save a few bucks on the monthly payment.........understandable.

·
\l/ Were winners go!
2,017 Posts
Didnt see spell checker on the option sheet.Damn,I would have went for it.
If it did punctuation that would have been a bonus!!!

Saving a few bucks wasnt an issue at all though.
Its nice to have a wife with a good job. :)

But Ford really does have an option for "Power adjustable pedals"

·
I want a Z06
6,024 Posts
Otto J said:
But Ford really does have an option for "Power adjustable pedals"
Its actually a pretty cool option, I wish it was available in the Chevy.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
The pedal adjustment on the go pedal doesnt matter on my truck as it is usually on the floor!

·
\l/ Were winners go!
2,017 Posts
Well with the power pedal option,Rich wouldn't need the "Rich's Custom Auto" block of wood on the throttle pedal.

·
\l/ Were winners go!
2,017 Posts
Steve Wood said:
I think that Osabo intercooler is gonna be the secret to your success this season :cheers: :sw:
So you are saying a good intercooler could be a reason for quicker ET's and more MPH?

Damn thats what ive been trying to tell everyone :)

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
Otto J said:
So you are saying a good intercooler could be a reason for quicker ET's and more MPH?

Damn thats what ive been trying to tell everyone :)
Nope, Rich and Art upgraded the pedal blocks :cool:

·
I got it figured out
5,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ULYCYC said:
>>> It's all about the GPB's........plain n simple.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Otto J said:
Really,And i thought it was because you had Bill helping you now :headbang:
Are you saying Bill is more help than you? Damn, that is what we have been telling everyone :)

·
I got it figured out
5,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Otto J said:
Really,And i thought it was because you had Bill helping you now :headbang:

>>> Someday I'll be as good and cool as you, in the meantime I will have to defer to Bill and his 7 second expertise hope you don't mind :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
ULYCYC said:

>>> Really? I like Reeses peanut butter cups.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
JimRome said:
>>> Really? I like Reeses peanut butter cups.
FatAss

1 - 20 of 52 Posts