Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finaly that im making good money i want to move out. there is a apartment complex right by my house that prices arent bad. but i mean the cheepest 1500 a month! i could find something cheeper but thats in a crack neighborhood with crapy apartments WTF! why are things so expensive here?

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Move!

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
STAY HOME AND SAVE YOUR $$$$ AN BUY A HOUSE!!!!!! :sw:

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just sucks to live home.

orlando i'd love to i want to go out west but cant go untill i'm done with school so i can get a decent job. now i'm confined to ny/nj.

·
Registered
191 Posts
What are you getting for 1500$ a month? Is that close to NYC or something? Alot of the "snowbirds" up north here are telling me FLA is getting too expensive and they're starting to head west to Texas and AZ.Snowbirds BTW are retired folk who spend 3-6 months down south to get away for the winter. :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
That was my 100th post! :headbang: :headbang: :6:

·
4 car Garage
197 Posts
derek said:
What are you getting for 1500$ a month? Is that close to NYC or something? Alot of the "snowbirds" up north here are telling me FLA is getting too expensive and they're starting to head west to Texas and AZ.Snowbirds BTW are retired folk who spend 3-6 months down south to get away for the winter. :)
Not cheap in Az anymore, all the nuts from California are moving here.

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its a good area, everything included not fuernished though. i'd move to AZ in a heart beat if i was out of school.

·
Registered
430 Posts
**** NY, thats why I moved. Taxes,Mortgage. Stay home and save up?? you need a min of $100k to put down on house in NY if you are single, plus a MIN of $5500 a yr taxes. **** NY, dont miss it,well I do miss the food.

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gnfanatic said:
**** NY, thats why I moved. Taxes,Mortgage. Stay home and save up?? you need a min of $100k to put down on house in NY if you are single, plus a MIN of $5500 a yr taxes. **** NY, dont miss it,well I do miss the food.
:yup:

·
I piss excellence!!!
1,883 Posts
Oh boy what a losing battle this is with anybody who dosen't make 250k a year. it is ridiculous everwhere in NY. the average price for a house before i bought mine last year was 720k. that is crazy. save up as much as you can and buy a house. there is no point if you can avoid to pay rent when that rent is as much as a mortgage. pay into something that is yours not somebody elses. will never live in another apt for the rest of my life. i refuse.

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
my parents are going to Hot Springs AK...same kinad weather as NJ but 75% less in taxes and real estate prices

·
Dont visit foreign SITES
3,092 Posts
My folks bought a Capecod home in Bergen co. NJ for 80K back in '77
Now they routinley get offered 500K.
Not for the house mind you they are builders who want to bulldoze it and put in a duplex.
I told them to take the money and run move to KY, TN, NC, MD...
can get a great house there for 200 and bank 300;
They come up w/ some BS ...dont listen to me... :dunno: :crazy:

·
8,392 Posts
firebird_1252 said:
WTF! why are things so expensive here?
demand.

Its nice that everyone is mentioning all those nice places to move, I thought the same thing when I was your age, and moved and moved, I ended up back in this area cause that's where the jobs are. NY is too expensive, but there are pockets in NJ that are affordable( the areas that AREN'T a conveinient commute to the city)
stay at home as long as possible and save up.

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
87GTA-turbo said:
My folks bought a Capecod home in Bergen co. NJ for 80K back in '77
Now they routinley get offered 500K.
Not for the house mind you they are builders who want to bulldoze it and put in a duplex.
I told them to take the money and run move to KY, TN, NC, MD...
can get a great house there for 200 and bank 300;
They come up w/ some BS ...dont listen to me... :dunno: :crazy:
i told my parents the same damn thing! but they're true ny'ers. ed has met my dad and a few others on the board they can atest to that. my parents bought our house in 81 or 82 for 60k. they get offers once or twice a month for 450k +. its a small nothing house!

Attachments

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
my whole gripe is that if i do move i want to move to a place where i want to move. kinda like buying a car. i'm tired of buying and getting rid of. i want to buy something and hold it.

·
weather jock
1,096 Posts
ILL NEVER LEAVE NY....

Cant let it take too many hits in a row. :poon: :usa:

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
joe are you in az yet?

·
weather jock
1,096 Posts
late sept.. :usa: work is going sick right now :headbang:

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
good for you joe! wait till you get to az i think you'll love it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts