Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn vacuum switch failed on one of my cars for the second time in six years. I got a new one from Eric Fisher and installed it.

This is the switch that directs vacuum flow to all the different modes as you move the top lever on the AC control head. Besides stuff not working right, it often jams the top lever so you cannot move it to all the settings.

Anyway, I took a couple of pictures while I was doing the swap and put them on my site with some directions....put them in the tech picture section. Might help someone someday :dunno:

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Cool.
I know that switch all too well[the rotary switch,correct?].

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
:cool: Thank's for all the effort you do, your site is a big help for me and I am sure most others. :cheers:

·
Registered
22,915 Posts
Steve Wood said:
Damn vacuum switch failed on one of my cars for the second time in six years. I got a new one from Eric Fisher and installed it.

This is the switch that directs vacuum flow to all the different modes as you move the top lever on the AC control head. Besides stuff not working right, it often jams the top lever so you cannot move it to all the settings.

Anyway, I took a couple of pictures while I was doing the swap and put them on my site with some directions....put them in the tech picture section. Might help someone someday :dunno:

That Kodak Brownie takes some fine pics. :headbang:

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup, cannot beat a brownie....hash, or not! :usa: :sw:

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Many years ago mine broke. I drilled it out very slightly & now use a nut & bolt to keep it together. Neve a problem since.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts