Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope everyone's got plenty of water, batteries, and food to last through the storm and ensuing power outages (Pepco's track record isn't the greatest). Looks like we're in for a lot of wind and rain near DC, hope you folks up north don't get hit like last time.

(I'm hoping people are getting excited over nothing, but better to prepare than get caught with my pants down...)

Anyone along the coast, be careful and best wishes. Billy, hope you guys come through safely!

·
Gotta love the autobahn!
2,726 Posts
(I'm hoping people are getting excited over nothing, but better to prepare than get caught with my pants down...)
All of New Jersey hopes Huber doesn't get caught with his pants down!! :eek!:

I've done the standard prep. Now just hurry up and wait. I was actually planning on doing some work on the Buick, but once again, I've been trumped. :(

·
Registered
829 Posts
I'm suppose to fly into AC Monday morning...guess ill just keep partying in Florida :)

·
Blue T Chrome trim
519 Posts
Shes all tucked away and prepared for the storm. Hope its not as bad as they think.:crazy:

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Im in Monroe ct about 20 miles from the coast (bridgeport and newhaven) im ready. Generator is backfed and my cars are stashed around various places in CT. 25+Gallons of water and fuel. My main concern is trees surrounding my house. Other than that...BRING IT ON!!!

·
Registered
947 Posts
prep..

Im in Monroe ct about 20 miles from the coast (bridgeport and newhaven) im ready. Generator is backfed and my cars are stashed around various places in CT. 25+Gallons of water and fuel. My main concern is trees surrounding my house. Other than that...BRING IT ON!!!
looks like you're all set, a good chainsaw is also your best friend during this time and hopin you don't need to use it:D good luck CTers

·
Registered
192 Posts
i got plenty of food water and flashlights.. bought a power inverter to use to power some stuff in the house. doesnt run the sump pump in the basement so that will get flooded.. good thing i stocked up on beer:cheers:

·
Registered
829 Posts
Still sunny and warm in Florida :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Still sunny and warm in Florida :)
lucky you.. im stuck inside. was at Lowes yesterday to get a water power sump pump..they had one.. i was piecing everything i needed and the wife was complaining and thought it was more important to go to the diner.. so i threw everything down and left. needless to say ... we'll be calling for a claim..

·
Registered
829 Posts
Cloudy...

Attachments

·
Will Boost 4 Boobies!!!
2,768 Posts
^jerk. lol

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Being that I work for Baltimore Gas and Electric I got deployed for storm duty this morning. Sat in this horrible, leaking tent at BWI airport all day only to be sent home for lack of work. Back at it 6am tomorrow. Hope you all in the Philly and Jersey area get through the storm safely. My car is still at Anderson's so I'm praying it's inside and doesn't float away :(.

·
Registered
39 Posts
No power...but i have my generator and cable still. No down trees in my yard. Couldn't have gone better. I witnessed the neighbors trees dropping like crazy. i have a few that i thought would snap from the bending and swaying but im good. My buddy on the water in fairfield however....not so good, i assume. Hope you all survived intact

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We were very fortunate here; lost power a few times but overall we came through okay. Hope everyone up north is safe. I saw pictures of NYC and parts of NJ... It looks pretty rough.

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
We were very fortunate here; lost power a few times but overall we came through okay. Hope everyone up north is safe. I saw pictures of NYC and parts of NJ... It looks pretty rough.
Looks like some Rough Road ahead for many people. I hope everyone pulls thru OK!

·
Gotta love the autobahn!
2,726 Posts
Didn't lose power, internet or SAT. I did lose a tree that landed on my jet skis. I can't tell if they are damaged or not. I'll have to wait a day or so, for things to dry before I can start attacking it with a chainsaw.

·
GN Old Timer
90 Posts
But more important, is Huber's grill ok?

·
car crazy from birth
729 Posts
huber showed up with a 3k generator ,fuel, and some extra extensions ... i got the kuereg fired up (sumatr reserve extra bold ) ...all is better
he said on way in its crazy how the roads are blocked off with trees and power lines , nothing is running up here ,
Huber for President!

Sorry to hear of your troubles... I thought you guys had enough last year to last a while.
Good luck getting back to normal.
We still have no power at work (Cherry Hill), all OK at home.

Mark

·
Blue T Chrome trim
519 Posts
Just got power back today. Atlantic city is a disaster. My business didnt take much damage besides all the business we are losing with the city being empty. Its a big hit and everyone down here is effected by this significantly. I have lots of pictures I took myself from the day after. Only way I could get in to the city was with my close friend whos a state trooper. Its really really bad down here. I am fortunate that my home and the GN didnt take any damage even though my house is on the water, my house is toward the top of the street which has a very high elevation. Hope everyone else is ok.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts