Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this is a lot off the usual topics, but it still winter and most are bored ;-) So Im wondering if anyone here has built a HTPC?
I dumped my Cable TV, and wanted to build a rig mainly to stream internet TV. I picked up a Roku unit, and that will be fine for Net flix and such, but miss some of the regular TV series. I have an antenna in the attic, so I can pick up some local digital stations, but can no longer record them on my...Wait for it...VCR ! (Hey it still did the job it was supposed to do...;-) ) So I'm looking to incorporate a PVR into this HTPC.
Anyhow...I wont be doing any gaming, so I dont need a expensive super powerful rig. From all that I have been reading a AMD A6-3500 APU with ASRock A75M-ITX FM1 Motherboard will be more than enough. I'm wanting to keep the rig small so going with a mini itx case.
So any HTPC users out there? Care to share your setups. Advice on software, tuner cards, do's and don'ts, must have's, etc?

Cheers,
Paul

·
blank
2,898 Posts
I've got a WDtv but it seems unhappy with my 120hz sony, haven't nailed down that one.
Will be playing with one of these
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009OX22B4/]Amazon.com: MK808 Dual Core Android 4.1 TV BOX Rockchip RK3066 Cortex-A9 Mini PC Smart TV Stick: Computers & Accessories[/ame]

poor mans Roku?

In my ravine I only get CBC so haven't considered recording OTA recording.
Most stuff is available within a day or two after broadcast?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dave
Thats cool. Yeah, I guess I can see everything a day later online, but might want to be able to stream stuff in the moment too.

Still reading...
Cheers,
Paul

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.