Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a torque converter customer built and I need an estimate of the torque and HP of my car. Obviously I have not been able to take it to the dyno so I thought I would do the next best thing and ask y'all.

The motor is stock except the turbo, hot wire kit, walbro fuel pump, exhaust and injectors. Give me your best guess.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
With no air intake restrictions, race gas and chip with 25 psi. prolly 388 HP and 535 torque.

Yup I guessed. :)

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
As a proud owner of a PT54, You will have a hard time making any kind of real HP without radical headwork. Also as I said before it likes high stall. So on a stock motor I would say 375hp. But tell the converter builder your future mods like heads and a cam or whatever will be increasing 100hp

·
Registered
20 Posts
Okay, some pretty good guess's there. I'll give you some actual numbers....

PT54, 50lb inj., 20 deg street chip, pump gas with alky, 25 lbs of boost, 45 psi fp with hose off....

442 hp and 537 ft lbs of torque on a dynojet.

Just installed this combo and did very little tuning. The engine was running rich with the air/fuel at an average of 10.7 so there was definately more there.

HTH....Bill

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Wow...You have just surpassed Salvage for the king of "Pig Rich" :D

Assuming that was a wideband o2 reading with some degree of accuracy, I would guess you are about 8% rich. I suspect you will find it runs best around 11.7-11.9 based on others experiences and still have some margin before you encounter detonation. Those A/Fs are on the road, not on the dyno. It may run leaner on the dyno.

Meaning that you will need 11.7-11.9 for best performance on the road but the dyno might show a bit more power at a slightly leaner ratio.

I might have guessed low if you go to race gas and timing. Sounds good! :)

<small>[ March 26, 2003, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: Steve Wood ]</small>

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
20 Posts
Steve, the car was definately running rich....using wb o2. As I mentioned, we did very little tuning and I know there is a lot more there. I will post updated numbers with c16 and my race chip once we get her dialed in.

Thanks, Bill

btw, my guess for the person who started this thread....430hp and 518 torque.

·
Registered
6 Posts
:powersix:I have the PT51,front mount intercooler,50lb injectors,Houston downpipe,Vigilante convertor.My best quarter is [email protected] on the stock internal engine.I would guess your making similar power to mine, roughly 430 horses.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts