Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HP problems wonder why? and can it be welded

Well i guess i know what my hp issue is and already have another set to go on cause i just had this feelin didn't realize the gorge had opened up on it, it only had a slight ticking but the crack is going into the pipe wondered if it is worth gettin welded or not. :usa:

Attachments

·
THE MILF MAGNET
6,590 Posts
Mine had one heck of a crack in it and I got it welded. Make sure you get an experienced welder to do it for you. :cheers:

·
Registered
204 Posts
WOW!! I've seen worse, but not much. We have been welding the manifolds for years and have had only one set crack again. We highly suggest getting the manifolds ceramic coated afterward. This will improve flow, reduce heat under the hood, and reduce the hot spot(s) in the header/manifold.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Find a good welder and you can repair it. You want to use Inkanel which is close to a 400 grade stainless. That material has a bit of flexibility to it but is VERY strong, it's perfect for welding the headers. You also want to install a gusset (brace) between cyls 3 and 5.

A little word from the wise, have your crossover tube on the manifold and torqued when you weld it. I have seen the flange turn into an egg if you get it too hot. If you have a junk head you can bolt it to that's even better still.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts