Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much horsepower can i expect to gain with the Duttweiler neck? If it's 15-30 HP i'll be happy

------------------
87 GN Hardtop~ stock motor, stock intercooler w/Duttweiler big neck, TE 51 w/.63 exhaust housing,big mouth cold air induction, hotwired walboro 340, MSD 50's, cold air induction, stock TB and plenum, THDP, 3" ATR dual exhaust, 10 mm Magnecor wries, B&M tranny cooler, performance transmissions deep aluminum pan, Dynotech shift kit, VDO gauges, Autometer boost gauge, SMC alchy injection, PTE remote oil system, ATR 3" maf pipe, scanmaster 2, boost command

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
maybe 20

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm happy with that!

·
SCONE WIZARD...
704 Posts
From the 2000 to 2001 season the only changes were a modded upper plewnum w/ spacer and big neck on my stock I/C and I went a tenth [12.28 - 12.19] and just under 2 MPH quicker [1.8 something] in the 1/4 in similar air conditions and 22-23 PSI boost levels. Boost jumped up a few pounds with the neck install. Decent mod for the $$

Oops.. never read your sig.. probably help more with your larger turbo then it would with a stock one..

------------------
DTA... don't trust anybody...
- - - - - -
Steve Ruston
1987 Turbo Limited

[This message has been edited by Schlodes (edited December 25, 2001).]

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Get the V4 with the PTE51 especially if you still have the stock converter in there.

Duttweiler neck works well on my GN with stock turbo and all.

V4 works GREAT with the PTE51

Just my .02.

------------------
WE4, Daily Driver, PTE51, 43lb. Bosch, THDP race cat., Postons Headers, 21/2"SS Ultraflows and pipes, 16 pos. Maxeffort thumbwheel chip, Bilsteins, Airbags/snubber,snows, 307 adj.reg./ gauges,scamaster and D.S.,BSTC,small stuff too. V4 IS IN!!! Not legal for racing.

GN loaded, car #2. 112K miles. Accufab reg. 160stat.,Scanmaster, Bilsteins, Moog springs.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah if i had $700 bucks i definitely would have got the V4. Right now I'm focusing on maintainence parts like a new radiator, spare coil packs and other sensors.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
$700 !!! For a big radiator! DAMN! Thats just to HIGH!
What do you think salvage?

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
I hope the price DOUBLES in the next year!

I already gots one. Paid for too...

They hold their value well used also.

Cheaper and easier than a front mount.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have a customer that has a PTE-51 on a all stock 30,000 mile motor and 50# injectors, 3" down, big neck I/C, turbo TA converter and bolt ons. This car increased 2# of boost with the neck. He ran 7.20 @ 98mph. (1/8) spinning. The big neck works! I have ran a T63E with a big neck I/C and ran 10.90's. Good gains for the money.

------------------
86 GN 11.0's
87 T Daily driver
87 T Drag Car under
construction

[This message has been edited by Chris Taylor (edited December 27, 2001).]

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the big neck sure helped with my spool up. I also have the boost command and these two helped big time in low end spool up.

------------------
87 GN Hardtop~ stock motor, stock intercooler w/Duttweiler big neck, TE 51 w/.63 exhaust housing,big mouth cold air induction, hotwired walboro 340, MSD 50's, cold air induction, stock TB and plenum, THDP, 3" ATR dual exhaust, 10 mm Magnecor wries, B&M tranny cooler, performance transmissions deep aluminum pan, Dynotech shift kit, VDO gauges, Autometer boost gauge, SMC alchy injection, PTE remote oil system, ATR 3" maf pipe, scanmaster 2, boost command

·
Registered
133 Posts
This past year I installed a the Cas stock location I/C with the big neck over the BGC neck I had on the other I/C. I did notice a difference in mph (+1) over the BGC I/C. Here is the kicker though....and I know some of you may disagree here....I turned on the I/C mister that I had and ran a personal best of over 112 mph. The mister has given me an additional 2 mph and 2 tenths in most cases especially when it is 70-80 degrees outside. Best of all it uses the windsheild washer bottle for a resevoir and doesnt "wet" the track down at all. Long story short...bif necks do work...but they work better when the I/C is misted...Just by O2 worth.

Happy Holidays
Bob

------------------
Bob Brocato
O'Fallon Mo.
1987 Buick Grand National [email protected]

·
Registered
308 Posts
Any questions you guys may have about the stretch intercoolers with the BIG-neck...OR just the BIG-neck mods...feel free to E-mail me @

[email protected]

If you're interested in a stretch intercooler(stock location) Give Jack Cotton a call...our stretch intercoolers are sold exclusively through him!

Thanks, Keith

1 - 12 of 12 Posts