Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
"BUICK'S finest BUICK"
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:6::cheers:Hey guys,

Can someone guide me to do step by step to change the brake pressure switch. It's been awhile. Do I need to loosen the accumulator ball first?

The status is that I drained all the brake fluid out of the reservoir, changed the pump motor but I would like to change the switch not the accumulator.

How do I go abouts doing this?

Thank you kindly,

Michael

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts

·
"BUICK'S finest BUICK"
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you but cant find it.

Does anyone know the procedure?

I've discharged the system by pumping the brakes 15 times, then took out the accumulator ball. will the pressure switch come out easily?

Thank you guys

Michael

·
Registered
618 Posts
Hey Michael,
Once you depressurize the system like you mentioned you just unscrew the old one and replace with the new.

·
"BUICK'S finest BUICK"
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey big guy,

How have you been? I have a slight issue. I've removed the accumulator ball but the pressure switch separated into two pieces. When I tried removing it earlier counter clockwise, it was difficult. I think the dealer years back over tighten the switch when changed due to the recall.

Now I am trying to figure out how to take it out so I can install the new one that I've ordered.

Also, in terms of putting in new brake fluid where do I begin?

Thank you,

Michael

·
"BUICK'S finest BUICK"
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just came out.

Thx Rich

For the new brake switch, do you recommend any Teflon or no?

Also, for filling the reservoir with new oil where do I begin?

It's been awhile.

Thank you so much,

Michael

·
Registered
618 Posts
No Teflon, just add fluid to the reservoir and let the pump cycle, check the level(refer to the cap).

·
blank
2,898 Posts
IIRC the switch has an o-ring.

A cheap home depot water heater element wrench/socket is perfect size for the switch

1 - 9 of 9 Posts