Turbo Buicks banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my Razors alky kit and will be installing it before long, my question is, how much methenol should I buy? How fast do these kits go through it? I should be putting out somewhere around 500 hp and have a twin nozzle kit (using a 5 and 10 nozzle). Will 5 gallons last me a while or should I have more than that on hand?

·
Registered
113 Posts
10 Gallons of Meth

I bought Ten gallons last fall when I was in your shoes. Went through 4 gallons in a few weeks and I had trouble finding Meth.

It snowed and weather was bad otherwise since I was tuning the car and it was new to me, I think 10 gallons would last 2 months for me.
If you put your foot in it a lot it goes a little faster than I expected.

Also, I had to keep it topped off a bit, when its less than half full and you launch the light comes on for empty briefly as there are no baffles in tank and I dont want to get air or lean out.

I had a larger container and a smaller one to pour with a topped it off pretty frequently if I had my boost high.

So, if your gonna drive it much buy 10 gallons, label it and keep it away from kids, thats what I did. But i had to drive 30 min, if its by your house I guess it does notmatter
Also, make sure its 100% methanol. I bought mine from a fuel distributor for around a dollar or so a gallon as I recall.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I went through 2 1/2 gallons all last summer......driving on the conservative side. If ya keep your foot out of it, it will last quite awhile......easier said than done. :D

·
local 130
201 Posts
i would say buy at least 5 gallon :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts