Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
So easy cavemen can do it
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just installed my new lca's and atr rear sway bar...i was wondering how much air in the air bags should i run on the street? right now i have 20 psi in each bag...should i have more in the right side or what? and how should i have it at the track?

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
On the street probably no more than 7# in each one.

On the track, maybe 7-10 in the ds and 17 on the passenger. Lot's of cars with atrs seem to need no bags.

One way to check bag pressure is to put the minimum in the ds, and the same in the passenger. Then power brake the car to the boost you are going to launch at and see if the rear bumper is level. If not, add pressure to the low side (normally the pasenger) until it is level. Obviously you do not sit there with the car braked against the converter while you set the pressure-that would burn up the tranny.

I suspect, with an ATR bar, it will work best with zero in the ds and just a few pounds in the passenger in spite of whatever I said above. :D

Too much pressure will probably unload the tires a few feet out depending upon how much power you are making...

·
www.magnabuick.com
6,876 Posts
I run the ATR bar in the back, and NO bar in the front. I run 15psi on the street (26" tires) and 12psi on the track (28" slicks) in BOTH rear airbags. I do this solely for tire to upper fender clearance and so that the car doesn't look goofy sitting low in the back. I've gone a best of a 1.54 with that setup on the track. The car always launches straight.

-Banning.

·
Registered
293 Posts
With 20psi on the street that thing must ride like a semi.

On the DS just put 1-2# in it to fill the bag, and run about 7-10 in the pass side. At the track you will have to experiment to see what your car likes best

1 - 4 of 4 Posts