Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just Curious. I have been tuning mine and 16 psi is working with some creep to 18

·
Registered
7 Posts
Had to port my wastegate hole to get boost down from 25+psi... Would go from 20 to between 25 and 29 psi pretty easy. As long as you have no knock, turn it up...:headbang:

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you turn up your vacuum at WOT you can catch a second gear scratch on dry pavement.

·
Registered
13,053 Posts

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Dan...check the parts they have listed in their sigs. For starters...what's an SSL intercooler. Can you get a TE 60 watercooled turbo.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Stretched Stock Location

·
Registered
13,053 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the responses I am working it up safely but can't get it under 16 and if I stay in it wot gets to 21 psi fast. has some knock at 16 and alot at 21 replaced ATR wastegate with precision PW39 12 lb spring will hold boost at 1/2 throttle but will climb higher with more throttle.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I opened up the waste gate port on the turbine housing and that solved my boost creep problem :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Good thing you got it under control. I've got it to barely 15, and haven't had to chance to really open her up and see where I can get to without knock.:bawl:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
After I opened up the port I held the waste gate open and ran the car through 3rd gear and that told me the lowest controllable boost. 10 psi at 92 mph

·
Older than dirt
2,717 Posts
What...

After I opened up the port I held the waste gate open and ran the car through 3rd gear and that told me the lowest controllable boost. 10 psi at 92 mph
was back psi when you made that test?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I held waste gate open and ran car WOT through 3rd gear (92 mph ) boost was 9.9 psi so that is the lowest controllable boost for this cars setup.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts