Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I AM REBULDING MY STOCK 86 T AND WANT TO KEEP IT CLOSE TO STOCK INITIALLY TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHINGS IS WORKING RIGHT. I WOULD LIKE TO EITHER CLEAN THE STOCK ONES OR GET NEW ONES / I WAS THINKING ABOUT THE 32# TOMCO
DISC TYPES, THEY CAN SUPPORT THE TIMES I WOULD LIKE TO GO LATER (LOW 12'S). HOW MUCH ARE THE 32# ONES ? AND WHO STOCKS THEM? OR HOW MUCH IS A GOOD CLEANING OF MY ORIGINALS?
WHEN I PUT IT BACK TOGETHER I AM STARTING OFF WITH A GUTTED CONVERTER AND DUAL 2 1/2"
PIPES. A 160 THERMOSTAT. 9" K&N AND I WOULD LIKE TO SET BOOST TO 15-17#.
THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Forget the Tomco's, get 36# Bocsh/Accel injectors. For stock performance, cleaning the original, 15 year-old injectors that are certainly worn as well, will cost you a third of the price of new, tested ones.

Lots of vendors carry them. I prefer to get them that have just been flowed and tested, so it is necessary to only do the job once. Cody Motorsports outside of Atlanta has supplied mine for years.

------------------
Nick Micale
3334 W. Marconi Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85053
602-866-9908

[This message has been edited by Nick Micale (edited August 01, 2001).]

·
Registered
279 Posts
New injectors are about $250 and up. I got my 009's from Red Armstrong for $239, I think. Don't have your old ones cleaned. A buddy of mine has gone 11.9's with the green Tomco's so, as you have mentioned, they will work.

Regards
KS

------------------

87GN, 12.05 @ 111, SIXTY FOOT 1.60-LAUNCH 15#, BONE STOCK LONG BLOCK, STOCK I.C. (BELL MOUTHED), STOCK TRANS/CONV, Stock Turbo, 009'S, RED'S 107 CHIP. HOME MADE 3" DOWN PIPE. RUNS CONSISTANT 12.10'S-12.11'S.

http://www.geocities.com/kdslaby/solidworks.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts