Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't seen these mods installed or as pictures in catalogs. I think I maybe interested in them. Anyone that can explain how they install or even post pictures for me would be forever in my debt...you know what I mean.
Thanks.

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey I just saw the Turbo saver on PTE's site. Does that thing incorporate the biggie oilfilter? Does anyone have an opinion on if its worth $155.00. Thanks

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Nice idea if you drive a race car.Why lose your stock cooler?Guys usually use these because Harry scares them after they rebuild their turbos.I just changed my stocker yesterday[rebuilt by Jim Haley]after three years,and it's as tight as the day as it was built.I run a PF2 and don't block the bypass.As long as the turbo gets a good supply of clean oil,it should live a long,happy life.That's provided it's Built Right.That's the trick.Buy yourself a biggie kit designed by David Chase and get the same benefits without losing your stock cooler.

------------------
Give em' hell!

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,825 Posts
where can i get more info on david chases' biggie kit?

earl

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm gonna post this on the other board too. With PTE's sponsor ship there I'll prolly get a response from them. I'm sure it'll be along the line that my turbo will last forever with it or won't last a day with out it but maybe I'll get some insight into whats inadequate about our oil system and how this fickses it. Why don't you guys drop in over there and keep em' honest.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
My PTE51 has lasted 3 years without one on salvageV6.

I bought one with the power plate for the GN it's still on the shelf somewhere.

The GN is a cop magnet. SalvageV6 the WE4 is

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Salvage V6.
I am having my turbo rebuilt. If you don't think you will use you TurboSaver I'll buy it from you. I think one maybe in my future anyway. The catch with stuff like that is if you don't use it and something happens then you wonder could I have prevented that. If you do use it and something happens you wonder did I cause that. The inadequate stock oiling system has been good enough for stock turbo's for over 15years now. Some of these high milage cars still have the original non-smoking stock turbos. I do believe I'll be unplumbing my stock oilcooler tho.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
I have a Canton Racing automatic Accusump. It holds a extra 2 quarts of oil under pressure. When I turn my ignition on it prelubes my whole motor with 80lbs of oil pressure. Then When I start the car there is no dry running until pressure builds up. It will refill with oil as the car runs then shuts off when full. Under racing condition if oil pressure drops below 7lbs for some unknown reason. It will kick on and provide oil pressure for about 2 minutes. This might save the motor if you blew a filter or spun a bearing. With this and my biggie filter my system holds 8 quarts of oil.

------------------
ED BAKER
87-T-TYPE, PT54,MSD50's,Crane Billet Roller,JE forged20over,P&P Heads,Manley valves,Hemco 65mm& Acu65TB,V2 FM, P.I.9.5 -7disc,Jimmys Trans, [email protected] boost.10's soon
93 PARK AVE"SUPERCHARGED"
67RS/SS350 CAMARO
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
http://www.modernmusclecar.net

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
I agree with Steve on this one about the warranty.

I have the RJC biggie oil filter adapter on the shelf not the turbo saver. Didn't mean to be confusing here.

Someday I'll get to putting it on the GN just not sure right now which filter to use with it.

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
I used to use AC UPF24 Ultra gold filters but they are not made anymore. I now use Puralator L20033 I used the old PF24 also but they are scarce now too. Since I have the bypass blocked I have to make sure the filter can is strong. Not like the Pure ones.

------------------
ED BAKER
87-T-TYPE, PT54,MSD50's,Crane Billet Roller,JE forged20over,P&P Heads,Manley valves,Hemco 65mm& Acu65TB,V2 FM, P.I.9.5 -7disc,Jimmys Trans, [email protected] boost.10's soon
93 PARK AVE"SUPERCHARGED"
67RS/SS350 CAMARO
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
http://www.modernmusclecar.net

1 - 14 of 14 Posts