Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
It's a 'G' thang
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you like the slammed look? :rolleyes: The freakin' nut on my lower ball joint popped off Friday when I was on my way home for the weekend. :crazy: Good thing I was in a QT parking lot. :yup:

Attachments

·
Registered
732 Posts
RealestVIN7 said:
How do you like the slammed look? :rolleyes: The freakin' nut on my lower ball joint popped off Friday when I was on my way home for the weekend. :crazy: Good thing I was in a QT parking lot. :yup:
What were you saving the cotter pins for?

If I were you I would drop everything and buy a lottery ticket, you are one lucky dude.

·
It's a 'G' thang
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was there when my GM mechanic friend put all my new ball joints in. We put cotter pins in them. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Dammit, dude- I hate to see that. :mad: As noted above though, I'm glad you got lucky. I once was walking to my car to head to Albuquerque (through plenty of mountain canyons on the interstate) and was *lucky* enough to notice that I had 4 lug studs completely sheared off on a front wheel....SO glad I noticed that. I'm just happy for you that it didn't happen on the highway @ 80 mph or so!

·
It's a 'G' thang
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I was slow-rollin' at about 5 mph, then bam... :crazy: I stopped immediately. When the guy was putting it up on the wrecker, he crushed my front passenger side air dam. There was no escaping hurting it. It's all jacked up now with bends and scuffs from the concrete. :mad: My cousins live in Albuquerque btw.

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
wow that sucks you got a tow truck operator that has'nt a clue! He should have pulled it up by the front. I drove a wrecker for years and towed a ton of cars with busted ball joints and NEVER got it from the back! If that truck had a wheel lift and he took his time he could have wheel lifted it and caused no damage at all. I would have cracked that tow operator in the head for sure. Send them the bill for those air dams!!! :rant: Thats' just stupid what he did.

·
It's a 'G' thang
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you see the top pics? There was absolutely no room for him to do that. BTW, he didn't charge me. So I really ain't gonna complain. Now if somebody wants to donate a new air dam, more power to 'em. :D

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Your poor cousins! :D

Yeah, I lost a couple of air dams to a trailer once....it sucks.

·
It's a 'G' thang
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DCEPTCN said:
Your poor cousins! :D
Far from it my man. They own like half of a mountain or so, and have a 3200 sq ft. 2 bedroom house, a Mercedes SUV, and the first 2nd gen Lightning pickup. They also have alot of collector cars and stuff. He has owned his own auto parts store, been a racecar driver/mechanic, a police officer, and been president of his bank. He is close family friends with the Unsers. :headbang:

·
Retired
1,966 Posts
RealestVIN7 said:

My 86 did the same thing (well, almost) a couple years ago while I was backing out of the garage!! :eek!:
Mine however was one of the bolts holding the upper control arm to the frame broke.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
RealestVIN7 said:
Far from it my man. They own like half of a mountain or so, and have a 3200 sq ft. 2 bedroom house, a Mercedes SUV, and the first 2nd gen Lightning pickup. They also have alot of collector cars and stuff. He has owned his own auto parts store, been a racecar driver/mechanic, a police officer, and been president of his bank. He is close family friends with the Unsers. :headbang:
Oh, I wasn't saying anything derogatory about your family! Just AlbuCracky. :D

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
RealestVIN7 said:
Did you see the top pics? There was absolutely no room for him to do that. BTW, he didn't charge me. So I really ain't gonna complain. Now if somebody wants to donate a new air dam, more power to 'em. :D

Yea I saw it was tight there but I've got them out of spots like that. Even nosed in parking spots. Also pulled one out of a garage that was nosed in to grab it by the front. He could have drug is back a little to get in the front but with that price he charged you I guess you can't complain to much. A set of air dams was your tow fee! :yup: :cheers:

·
It's a 'G' thang
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
DCEPTCN said:
Oh, I wasn't saying anything derogatory about your family! Just AlbuCracky. :D
I know what you meant guy. It's ok. I was just telling you about my family I guess. Their last name is Love.

·
Resident Slut
5,477 Posts
PhillyTurboSix said:
Yea I saw it was tight there but I've got them out of spots like that. Even nosed in parking spots. Also pulled one out of a garage that was nosed in to grab it by the front. He could have drug is back a little to get in the front but with that price he charged you I guess you can't complain to much. A set of air dams was your tow fee! :yup: :cheers:
That's what I was thinking...I use to drive a tow truck too back in the mid to late 70's.

Glad you were slow rolling and not going faster..it would have been ugly..kind of like how Zap looks :crazy:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts