Turbo Buicks banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glad I didn't do it myself!!! I brought it to a local muffler shop and he had to modify it to get it to fit. He ended up cutting off the tips and putting stainless tips on for looks and to extend the tips out a bit. Took the guy quite some time, but when it was done it sounded really nice. Coupled with my MPEDP (it was probably Keith's fault for the exhaust problem, so go ahead and bash him about it) and the test pipe, the car sounds really nice. Definitely louder than stock but not too droney. All in all, it cost me $350 or so installed with the tips.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
That includes the hooker system in that price I hope.

Glad to hear it worked out okay. Much easier on a lift and with someone else doing the "modifications". :)

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
The Hooker Kit is a nice system. Is that kit still coming with the AeroChamber mufflers?

Why didn't it fit correctly? I haven't seen one yet that didn't fit perfectly... powersix

·
Registered
121 Posts
Bought mine 7 years ago, fit perfectly, and it came with the aerochamber muffs, (only because they were out of the original ones), im glad it did, its holding up perfectly.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
imo the aerochambers are real quiet especialy at wot.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, the system price was $240, install was $100 and I gave him an extra $20. When he mocked up the system the pipes that go over the axles were really close so he took an inch off the part that enters the muffler. I have mudflaps on my car and the pipes interfered with those, so he modified them to go around the flaps. I didn't realize he was doing this till after he started or I woulda just taken the flaps off. I get alot of flak for them anyway. :)

Yeah, the Aeros came with. During acceleration they sound great but they still drone a bit. I was hoping for zero drone, but it's a TR...with anything other than stock exhaust I am not sure it's possible.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Where did you get it for $240. Jegs & Summits sell them for $290-300??

dave

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I worked for Discount/Advance auto for 6 years and they still hook me up. They ordered it for $280 or something and then I got 20% off that. No shipping charge, but I had to pay sales tax of course.

True about the stereo...it also cures little problems like rod knocks and brake grinding! yup

1 - 10 of 10 Posts