Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just installed a THDP and his high flow cat and want to add a Hooker 2 1/2" system. Will everything bolt up and align properly or will I have to make some modifications since the THDP is longer than the stock one?

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
If you use the TH "test" pipe, or the short converter, everything lines up.

The Hooker is a good buy for the money.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The converter that came with the THDP is 14" long and has the plate on the back with the 4 holes. Is this considered the short one?

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Yep, seems like it is about five inches shorter than stock. It makes the converter rear end up at the same place that the stock converter did so all bolts right to the regular, or aftermarket, exhausts.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Steve. Guess I'll give Summit a call this weekend. Hopefully they'll send me the Aerochambers instead of the cheap mufflers they say come in the kit. yup

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
I think the aerochambers are now the muffler that comes with them. I thru away a brand new set of the superturbos that came with the Hookers a couple of years ago when I left Houston. I used the MaxFlows instead.

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
I think the MaxFlows are the best muffler to use. Straight through yet somehow quite... headbang

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Hooker system comes with the Aero Chambers & a test pipe. I have had mine for about 6 months now and I love it. Got mine from Summit as well. powersix

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.