Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Turbo Buick Noob...
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Fellas, hope everyone is having a great summer.

Any thoughts on the best source for a new Hooker CB?? I'd prefer to buy Canadian to help avoid cross-border shipping if possible.

Anybody have a gently used one around?? Emphasis on the word GENTLY :)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I have a local shop that gives me a good deal.I cannot buy it cheaper from summit.Let me know if your interested

Kevin

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
I removed a dual 2.5" exhaust from GN #2 and it has worked well for me but I bought a 3" single shot.

If you want I will take pictures tomorrow of it in the driveway and either post it or email them to you.

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
Just so you know, I just went out to the garage and looked, the mufflers on that system are Flowmaster which have a bad name with turbo cars but I do have a brand new set of 2.5" Walker Super Turbo mufflers that I will include for a cheap price (with the whole exhaust since I won't run 2.5" pipes again).

I never had an issue with the Flowmaster mufflers, and there are different Flowmasters available and these seemed fine to me.

The new set of Walker Super Turbo mufflers were originally bought to replace a same set on GN #1 but the exhaust pipes were rusting so the exhaust was removed from GN #1. We did go 11.80 @ 113+ with a stock turbo (with a .82 exhaust housing) through Super Turbo mufflers on street tires back in 1991 so these mufflers do flow well and sound great.

If you want I can send pics of these new mufflers as well.

Let me know,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts