Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
old skool
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody know anything about a honda vtx? like hp, 1/4 mile times? all i know is its 1800cc and 750# dry :dunno: i went to the honda site and thats all it said. [email protected] ricers!! i am going to race one on my bike june 10 any help would be great!!!

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
It has the biggest pistons and rods that Honda has ever put into any of the engines (cars and trucks included). :yup:

And them sumbiches are heavy. I mean the even feel heavy. Like heavier than a Goldwing heavy. :eek!:

I like them. :yup:

·
Legend in my own Mind
981 Posts
They look cool

Don't know the answers to any of your questions, but the VTX sure looks cool. Very nice looking bike.

·
Premium Member
4,825 Posts
Tony, if you're looking for speed don't be looking at the bandwagon V-twin type stuff. Technology has evolved alot since the 20's.
That VTX was put out for the guys that have to have something to park between the jetski's and the suburbuns.

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
They make plenty torque. But then again they have to being so dam heavy.

I wouldn't buy any cruiser for speed. Are you looking for speed?

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
Hey Earl,
Are you saying that the VTX isn't a good bike to get your knee down with? :dunno:

:D :D :D

·
I piss excellence!!!
1,883 Posts
I dont have exact time either but I can say this, My father has the 750 v4 magna. and raced his buddies VTX and he took him off the line for a lil while but then the big VTX did what it should and took the top end with no problems. but other then that Honda makes a really good bike.

·
old skool
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i already have a bike guys. its a 2001 ultra fatpounder 113 s&s engine i bought it about a month ago. i have a race against a vtx and was wondering what to expect! mine ran 7.66 1/8 mile last friday night thats with a 1.84 60ft at 94.17 mph i left easy and its still in third at the end!! not bad for a stock cruiser!!! thanks for the info so far, any ideas on how to get info? honda site is no help!

·
Registered
732 Posts

·
old skool
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks! that helps!! :cheers:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.