Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the track a few days ago even though i STILL have a boost problem, i ran i 14.2 @ 93 and launching at 0 lbs. if i woulda launched it i wouldnt doubt to see a few 13.8's.

down the track i was only seeing 13 lbs of boost, i still havn't found the source of the problem. ive checked everything, i was told so check out my surge valve so ill be messing with that 2day. any help would be appreciated!

·
aka: mOtOrHeAd MiKe
6,603 Posts
OutaControlGN:
i was told so check out my surge valve so ill be messing with that 2day. any help would be appreciated!
What is a surge valve? Do you mean a blow off valve?

What are your mods?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the valve that releves boost preesure after you let off the throttle.
ATR 3" downpipe, ATR 3" single shot exhaust, walboro 340, Fuel press. reg., adj wastegate, scanmaster 2.1, K&N filter, Capser's 9 pos Chip.

i know i should be running faster with theese mods but i CANT GET BOOST. i had a few people look at it and we still cant figure it out. Is there some kinda valve that only lets the chip determine boost and not the wastegate????

·
Registered
633 Posts
sounds like the w/g is sticking. did you take off the DP and see if it was moving freely?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
is there a way i could test the Y fitting... also where the fitting has 2 ends theres only 1 hose hooked up to it...is that normal?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Sounds like you may have the wastegate hose hooked up backwards...when this happens you will never get over 12-13 PSI boost no matter how much you adjust the rod...I can't find the pic or info but I'm pretty sure the straight part of the wastegate hose goes to the turbo compressor housing...for a quick test...remove the hose from the compressor side of turbo and go for a run...just be careful getting into boost because if everything is working OK it will shoot up very fast so be ready to let off the gas...if it shoots past 12-13 then check your hose config and if not then you have other problems...also if you don't have a boost guage don't try this test

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Sounds like it's not hooked up at all. Zip tie all vacuum hoses.
Straight to turbo, y to acuator.

<small>[ August 21, 2003, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: ES ]</small>

·
Registered
178 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts