Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
coming back from a car cruise, Jim C(phillyturbosix) in his TTA and a friend in his 89 5.7 GTA had a balls out high speed run down 95 in Philly. Gotta tell ya the GN gets pretty 'light' at 125+.. The Damn TTA just stuck like glue .. lol. Those things are made for high speed.. My wife was saying it sure did not feel like a 4000 lb car at those speeds. lol. it was fun :headbang:

·
Gotta love the autobahn!
2,726 Posts
So what speed did the TAs get up to?? Did the TTA have a higher top speed than the GTA? How much did all the tickets cost?

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
the gn's are light after 125... it handled alot better then my 85 ss though over 120 :headbang:

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Frank that was a blast. I had a smile on my face from the on ramp till I got off 95 :) One thing is for sure GN's are poop at high speed. I love my GN but that TTA is the bomb on the highway! It's everything the GN can't be. I was doing well over 130mph and it felt like nothing. I think I was about half way down on the pedal. Was'nt even pushing it hard. Was a little windy with the t tops out! Blew most of my hair off again! :D All I saw was Frank and my buddy in his GTA disapear in my rear view mirror! :cool: Frank caught up but the poor GTA Was left in the dust! It was strange. It got really hard to steer from being pushed down onto the highway at those speeds. That wing really does work at high speeds! Was nice to do a normally 15 min. trip into a 4 min. trip on the highway. :D Like I said I love my GN.. but that TTA kicks the hell out of a GN in everyway any day of the week! :headbang: :headbang: :6: :6:

Oh BTW my buddy in the GTA was a cop so we didn't have to worry about tickets :D

·
Post Ho
3,628 Posts
PhillyTurboSix said:
Like I said I love my GN.. but that TTA kicks the hell out of a GN in everyway any day of the week! :headbang: :headbang: :6: :6:
A GN will beat a TTA in the looks department.Even though you may have to look in your rearview mirror to see the GN. :wink:

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
FlyinGN said:
Gotta tell ya the GN gets pretty 'light' at 125+.. The Damn TTA just stuck like glue .. lol.
His might/ does get light.
Mine is as if not more stable then any 3rd Gen at speed.
I've owned both, and have set up both to do the *high speed thing*.

The macpherson strut front end, kills the TTA for getting enough caster in, to really have it track well at speed. And it takes a front coil over conversion to get the *ride* right on. With the GN all it took was double adj upper a-arms to correct that short coming.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts