Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
look over on the left side of the screen where it is blinking tbs.com store, buy now..

·
Whats that thing ?
2,650 Posts
Has anyone bought one of these units yet ?? And if so what is the feedback ?? I have a light weight GN (zero options except tilt wheel) with nothing more than a scanmaster II. I don't see any added value to purchase a 200 amp unit with what I have going on, unless its going to get me down the 1/4 mile any faster ?? dunno

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
I bought the upgrade kit.

If you are not pulling extra amperage from dual fans, big fuel pump, stereo, etc., I doubt that you will see any benefit from the 200 amp model.

On the other hand, I don't see any downside to it if you need an alternator.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Steve Wood:
I bought the upgrade kit.

If you are not pulling extra amperage from dual fans, big fuel pump, stereo, etc., I doubt that you will see any benefit from the 200 amp model.

On the other hand, I don't see any downside to it if you need an alternator.
Hey Steve.

How easy was the kit to put into the alternator?
I was thinking about getting a kit and a whole 200 amp alt.
Spare alter for either future use or another GN.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Altho I have been working on two atvs trying to get them to run and have not installed the kit, it is very easy. I have done similar in the past.

Making it even easier, Kendall put up some excellent instructions and pictures and incorporated the instructions from gnttype.org along the way. Here is his link.

http://home.attbi.com/~frederik/misc/alternator.htm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts