Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 87 white turbo regal for $2000.00. the car run`s and drive great, but i have alot of TLC to do. the car currently have a set of 3.73 gear with posi trac, green stripe injector, PITBULL chip, and PAXTON vortec external fuel pump.

i will like to know, where can i find out more infor on the pitbull chip. also i am planning on doing a way with the paxton fuel pump.

i am well be replacing the motor soon. i will like to built the car into a 9`s street car, so if my question seem to be too much and too often, please understand.

now, i have a TH400 which came out of my friend 900Hp 79 chevy camaro. this tranny is newly rebuild with a internal trans-brake. i have the tranny right now, but i will still like to use the 200r4 tranny in the street.i also have a T70 turbocharger.

this is not my first time working on TR. The last TR i owne was in 1992, so i know my way order these cars. I just don`t know what`s new on the market. so here are my question

In order to make my TR a 9`s car at the drag strip, and 11`s in the street. What will i need.

How fast can i go using the stock wiring system, with modification to the ECM and sensor?

where car i find a really good set of cylinder heads for my application?

what is the best intercooler to run? i notice MPE sell a extened intercooler, that mount in the stock location.

i will like to stay away from a front mount intercooler, but if i have to use it i will.

here are some pic of the car.

thank you guys

http://www.lesabret.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2054&sid=96a04cd063c7b2419a04ccc9f4db418a

·
Registered
588 Posts
Why don't I ever find deals like that?

dunno

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
If you want to build a 9 second car to run those times more then once or twice you will need money. A stage motor, tranny, body and chassis to handle this will run $30,000 to $35,000 There are a few 9 sec 109 block around but they are not street cars and don't have more then a handful of runs on there motors.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, most of the work have been payed for.

and i am having a speed shop do all the work. i am very good friends at the shop. they have also done a few motor for me in the pass.

has for the motor, it is pretty much done.
so my question still remains.

·
I want a Z06
6,024 Posts
What question remains?

You need about 30K to get started.

Basically replace everything.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
S&S Speed Shop

on 104th street and atlantic ave.

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
I know S&S Speed very well. You may even see a picture of me on there wall next to a 41 Willy's "Aurora 7" and Joe Black from the 60's. These are very unique motors and you should look around and do more research before choosing a builder. There are some great builders here on the east coast and also some real clowns. Just because you know them it doesn't mean they are the best. I know and I'm friends with some of the clowns out there too. My cousin is pediatrician and I wouldn't let him near my dog. I hope you understand my point and no flame intended.

·
JR still sucks!
5,004 Posts
ULYCYC:
I know S&S Speed very well. You may even see a picture of me on there wall next to a 41 Willy's "Aurora 7".
When the car rode off the assembly line, right ED.
:D

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
are we measuring years or experience? :)

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
i think i met you at the track early last sesion.. with your lesaber

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
if you did, it was nice to meet you. yes, i do owne a 1989 buick lesabe T-type (red) with a 3800 series II superchager motor. my best time with this car was a [email protected] since then i have install a bigger cam and a set of my stage II cylinder heads with bronze guild and S.I. valves ([email protected] intake/ [email protected] exhaust). i am currently working on a intercooler and a ported blower. i am planning to hit high 11`s for the opening of the 2004 race season. and this car is driven everyday. NO weight reduction. i just bought another turbo regal. this is my third turbo regal. the other two was stolen in 1992. i want to put this baby into the low 10`s high 9`s and keep it streetable. i have not shop for any parts yet. i al look to buy a set of JE piston .030 over, crowler rods, since oliver don`t have stock application ready. i can spen about $9,000 on this engine. i have alot of friend in the hot rod business, so all the little stuff with be put together by my self and friend. this is not my first time working on TR, and other cars.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts