Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran into someone who tried the hi-volume timing cover and a friend of his used one too. They both said they had trouble getting good oil pressure. They went back to a stock timing cover with a booster plate and great oil pressure now. Any possitive or negative feedback welcome on these covers. I have a MM fully assembled one right now still in the box.......... waiting to go on.

------------------

·
Registered
81 Posts
I get high oil pressure, like around 70psi cold and 20 at hot idle. I did drill out and dremel out some of the passages. But I think you can do the same to a stock cover, and get pretty good flow/pressure, without the worry of premature cam bearing wear.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
No problem here around 25 hot 70 cold"You do know there is different springs you can use on the pressure valve" Im using the yellow one.

------------------
Keith Davis--86GN,Astroroof,DigDash'TTA crank,Ported polished heads & intake'TRW .30 forged pistons & PT51 Turbo,Manly SS valves,Postons headers,T.C. Orange stripe conv.THDP,SMC alky,Boost command,Scanmaster2,MSD50 inj,Nitto DR's 275/50/15,All the braces,All gauges VDO.
12.8 @ 102 is with stock setup no times for new setup yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts