Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone new to forum obviously... 21 years of age n love cars, i picked up my grand national last year in march put new shocks on front and back right away they wernt bad but figured it help drive quality n at-least i know there new n not cheap ones either. i then replaced the trans pan because it had a very sketchy leak on it so i got the deeper pan with new filter n gasket no leaks anymore and no screws on it i can loosen with my hands :cheers: new battery because old one was mounted in some super janky way were it would fall off the terminal when your driving down the road. my cars far from perfect but i like it and i got plenty years to put the effort in.

now im going to list my current issues with the gn that put me in a serious situation...
well car starts right up but the only thing keeping me from crusing around happily is my rpm always says its full and i dont think it works atm and the car is shifting at odd times and strangely weird hopefuly some one who sees this can give me some input otherwise im going to be using this forum as much as possible for refrence and info.

the car also sways but recently ordered the energy moog kit off the site so when ever that arrives ill be installing all new steering and then going to move onto the next bushing kit and then to the next cant have a fast car and keep driving it if its ready to kill you the moment you get on the road.

my interior is at-least really clean only issue is the shifter knob pulls off easily and the steering wheel is missing a few peices but i bought a kit for that to install this summer.

also who has experience pulling the dash on gn:6:? if my electrical is the issue i thinking of pulling the dash if i have to and going through the wiring and by that time hopefully ill have harness building down and im going to just redo my already existing harness with a new exact copy

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome I am new here as well
as far as dash removal I can tell you to make sure to put all the screws back in or it will rattle. Its probably best that I didn't have one of these cars when I was 21:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome I am new here as well
as far as dash removal I can tell you to make sure to put all the screws back in or it will rattle. Its probably best that I didn't have one of these cars when I was 21:)
lol yah most 21year olds id say im an exception i hope ive pulled dashes before just never on buick i got a nice little honda civic that ive been restoring in my opinion so i got backround with ripping that completly apart and put backtogether solid as a rock. but the gsr honda hasnt got the style and comphert the grand national has but there both a badass car in my opinion in there own ways

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ill have to see if i have one online take me a minute to find but i can take a few snapshots of it tommrow when i go to storage for some parts ill also post my honda for shits n giggles ik most people into buicks arnt big honda fans but who knows maybe they will like it also.

·
Registered
9 Posts
For your shifting issue... Make sure the adjustment on your throttle valve cable is correct. That is critical on the 2004R.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would lean toward the TCC solenoid as the problem with your shifts. Easy and cheap fix. Have to drop the pan. About 80 bucks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts