Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i just picked up a 1986 buick regal not sure if GN or t-type but with Lc2 option. well i couldnt get it to turn over and i finally figure out my problem. my problem is the purple wire on the starter that has no power. i could simply by pass it but i would rather want an actual fix. is it a bad fuse by any chance? also my fuel pump wont show no symptoms of powering on. any tips on how to fix both problems would be appreciated.

·
Older than dirt
2,718 Posts
Where are you located?? That may help in getting someone local, that has some experience.
No power to the purple wire may be the neutral start sw is not working. [On the column below the dash.]
Floor shift?
Does anything else work, such as lights, etc?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm located in Bakersfield,Ca . The lights do work the radio the power windows and all the fuses by the kick panel are all good.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Problem solved on the sw wire. It was my column that was not in park. About the fuel pump no luck yet.

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Just behind Alt there is a Fuel Pump test wire connection. Not sure if its the Green OR Black one off hand. Just run a wire from Bat Pos to the lead & see if it primes. Turbo Regal Web Site or Vortex Buicks should have a better description. The one that is Green may be for Tach Lead going from memory?? But been a while since I looked!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts