Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
I got it figured out
Joined
·
5,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Bill,

You've had strong showings in the two events yet you aren't even listed as owning one point, what gives little buddy?

Forget to pay your dues or something??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,344 Posts
Buicksx2 said:
Hey Bill,

You've had strong showings in the two events yet you aren't even listed as owning one point, what gives little buddy?

Forget to pay your dues or something??

Rich,
I decided not to enter the points series in TSM for several reasons.
#1 I am not putting a sticker on my car unless you are paying, therefore, the only decals you see on the TSM car are MY OWN because I foot the bill, I elect NOT to advertise for a website (or entity or entities) that I do not agree with.
#2 This is just a little project to tide me over until my T/A is finished, my brother will be racing it next year but I doubt he will join the points series either because of #1
#3 I really dont think I have a chance at winning the series as there are much faster and better built cars out there ( heck I only built a car in 6 days, GOD built the entire earth!)
#4 I am a newcomer and I thin that one of the fellows who have been racing in the class since the beginning deserve it much more than I do.
#5 I dont want to be subjected to the scrutinity of peer tech and whispered about behind my back if I happen to win (or before I even get to make a pass)
I am having fun with this low budget car and I wish the best of luck to the guys who are out there busting their a** to win all the marbles!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,284 Posts
EightSecV6 said:
Rich,
I decided not to enter the points series in TSM for several reasons.
#1 I am not putting a sticker on my car unless you are paying, therefore, the only decals you see on the TSM car are MY OWN because I foot the bill, I elect NOT to advertise for a website (or entity or entities) that I do not agree with.
#2 This is just a little project to tide me over until my T/A is finished, my brother will be racing it next year but I doubt he will join the points series either because of #1
#3 I really dont think I have a chance at winning the series as there are much faster and better built cars out there ( heck I only built a car in 6 days, GOD built the entire earth!)
#4 I am a newcomer and I thin that one of the fellows who have been racing in the class since the beginning deserve it much more than I do.
#5 I dont want to be subjected to the scrutinity of peer tech and whispered about behind my back if I happen to win (or before I even get to make a pass)
I am having fun with this low budget car and I wish the best of luck to the guys who are out there busting their a** to win all the marbles!
Well spoken Bill.
I can respect that stance. :cheers:
 

·
I got it figured out
Joined
·
5,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
EightSecV6 said:
Rich,
I decided not to enter the points series in TSM for several reasons.
#1 I am not putting a sticker on my car unless you are paying, therefore, the only decals you see on the TSM car are MY OWN because I foot the bill, I elect NOT to advertise for a website (or entity or entities) that I do not agree with.
#2 This is just a little project to tide me over until my T/A is finished, my brother will be racing it next year but I doubt he will join the points series either because of #1
#3 I really dont think I have a chance at winning the series as there are much faster and better built cars out there ( heck I only built a car in 6 days, GOD built the entire earth!)
#4 I am a newcomer and I thin that one of the fellows who have been racing in the class since the beginning deserve it much more than I do.
#5 I dont want to be subjected to the scrutinity of peer tech and whispered about behind my back if I happen to win (or before I even get to make a pass)
I am having fun with this low budget car and I wish the best of luck to the guys who are out there busting their a** to win all the marbles!

>>> Pretty clear to me.........thanks for clearing that up.

Congrats on building a fine car in 6 days and we all know on the 7th day God created Led Zeppelin :headbang:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,344 Posts
Buicksx2 said:
Hey Bill,

You've had strong showings in the two events yet you aren't even listed as owning one point, what gives little buddy?

Forget to pay your dues or something??

By the way, if I were in the TSM points series.....where would I stand? I am sure you know how to tally it up where I have no idea? How does the points system work?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,344 Posts
Buicksx2 said:
>>> God created Led Zeppelin :headbang:
"squeeze my lemon, watch the juce run down my leg, you know what I'm talkin about"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
I just ran the math using Bill as a registered racer.

1. Dick Kereny 570 points
2. Bill Anderson 555 points
3. Steve Sullivan 340 points

At BG, Kereny earned 50 points more than Bill for going one more round, plus 10 for low ET and 10 for Top MPH. Kereny +70

At Norwalk, Bill earned 55 more than Kereny - 75 more points by winning the final round, less the 10+10 Kereny received for ET & MPH.

Financially, you would have more than doubled your $50 entry fee by now... :sw:
 

·
Got it figured out?
Joined
·
876 Posts
Bill, since you can build a car in 6 days, how many do you plan on building in a year?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,344 Posts
Ted A. said:
Bill, since you can build a car in 6 days, how many do you plan on building in a year?

Since I am so PRICEY Ted, I only have to build one per year and my family can survive on that alone :D :D :D

PS I just noticed your car is an '84 so that turbo falls WAAAAAAAY out of the 2" rule, so you would have been DQ'd for that too, orientation is everything!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,344 Posts
Scott231 said:
I just ran the math using Bill as a registered racer.

1. Dick Kereny 570 points
2. Bill Anderson 555 points
3. Steve Sullivan 340 points

At BG, Kereny earned 50 points more than Bill for going one more round, plus 10 for low ET and 10 for Top MPH. Kereny +70

At Norwalk, Bill earned 55 more than Kereny - 75 more points by winning the final round, less the 10+10 Kereny received for ET & MPH.

Financially, you would have more than doubled your $50 entry fee by now... :sw:

Pretty cool Scott, thanks. Looks like I am going to have to step it up for Indy to be the points leader in (fantasy) TSM! You guys run a great program, I have not had this much fun racing in a long time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,522 Posts
EightSecV6 said:
Pretty cool Scott, thanks. Looks like I am going to have to step it up for Indy to be the points leader in (fantasy) TSM! You guys run a great program, I have not had this much fun racing in a long time.

>>> Well Bill If you want, you can line up next to me & your "Fun Time" will go right out the window.

Don't forget to stop @ Church. Sister luiga is waiting.
 

·
Got it figured out?
Joined
·
876 Posts
EightSecV6 said:
PS I just noticed your car is an '84 so that turbo falls WAAAAAAAY out of the 2" rule, so you would have been DQ'd for that too, orientation is everything!

I learned from the best. :usa:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,344 Posts
JimRome said:
>>> Well Bill If you want, you can line up next to me & your "Fun Time" will go right out the window.

Don't forget to stop @ Church. Sister luiga is waiting.

Romeo, I would LOVE to line up with you at ANY event. Once your nerves settle enough to permit you to pull up in line next to me, I will gladly allow you chase after me down the track(you know you are getting TREED bad!) and after I completely cool the car down on the scale while waiting for you to complete your pass and get to the return road, I will consider letting you wipe the car down for me before the next round if you agree to do it while keeping your pie hole shut. (I am sure you wont mind because your racing will be over for the day). Come and get some PORKY, all eyes are on you. :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,522 Posts
EightSecV6 said:
Romeo, I would LOVE to line up with you at ANY event. Once your nerves settle enough to permit you to pull up in line next to me, I will gladly allow you chase after me down the track(you know you are getting TREED bad!) and after I completely cool the car down on the scale while waiting for you to complete your pass and get to the return road, I will consider letting you wipe the car down for me before the next round if you agree to do it while keeping your pie hole shut. (I am sure you wont mind because your racing will be over for the day). Come and get some PORKY, all eyes are on you. :cheers:

>>> Take it easy Francis. How come in BG you were singing a different tune??The Shirts (Spellcheck) are ready for you along with Russ's Mullet wig.

Treed?? Bad?? You better get your Biondo practice station working cause you gonna get slapped around a little Chubbsy Ubsy. You better put that Potato chip # 2 on the scale, Theres no way that car is hitting the 3550 mark ( even with you Slender a$$ in it.)

I got a better Idea, After I kick your Non driving Shamoo a$$ You got put on a T6P tee, You know the one "Home of the fastest GN".

What do you say there Bill, Scared ?? Lets get it on Biotch.

Your Pal Jim
 

·
I got it figured out
Joined
·
5,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
JimRome said:
>>> Take it easy Francis. How come in BG you were singing a different tune??The Shirts (Spellcheck) are ready for you along with Russ's Mullet wig.

Treed?? Bad?? You better get your Biondo practice station working cause you gonna get slapped around a little Chubbsy Ubsy. You better put that Potato chip # 2 on the scale, Theres no way that car is hitting the 3550 mark ( even with you Slender a$$ in it.)

I got a better Idea, After I kick your Non driving Shamoo a$$ You got put on a T6P tee, You know the one "Home of the fastest GN".

What do you say there Bill, Scared ?? Lets get it on Biotch.

Your Pal Jim
>>> Jim,

I wouldn't push Bill if I were you, I mean have you ever seen what he does at the line with the transbrake button........."I had 4 inched to spare"........great quote for 2006 I'd say.

Trust me Bill ain't putting on anything that has a "T" and a "6" and a "P" in it on his car or person.

Walk away slowly Jim...........walk away slowly.
 

·
I got it figured out
Joined
·
5,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
JimRome said:
>>> The Shirts (Spellcheck) are ready for you along with Russ's Mullet wig.
>>> FYI Jim usually nouns (shirts) are not capitalized in the middle of a sentence, if you are starting a sentence with a noun then I think you would be OK.

Your friend,
Rich
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,522 Posts
Buicksx2 said:
>>> Jim,

I wouldn't push Bill if I were you, I mean have you ever seen what he does at the line with the transbrake button........."I had 4 inched to spare"........great quote for 2006 I'd say.

Trust me Bill ain't putting on anything that has a "T" and a "6" and a "P" in it on his car or person.

Walk away slowly Jim...........walk away slowly.

>>>Sh!t Richie, Thats a rookie thing with the transbrake. The 4 inch thing could mean 1 of 2 things

1) The size of his PeePee.
2) The size bigger pants he's gotta get.

Oh Contrare monfrare, He'll be sporting that T6P shirt, Cause he's gonna be my Biotch.

Walking nowhere Rich, I'll be here for it all.

PS: Bill, Dead man Walking.
 
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Top