Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Village Idiot
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Local news report this morning says Chinese auto manufacturer Nanjing Auto which recently bought Britishesh :dunno: MG-Rover is going to be building the new MG in Ardmore Ok along with two other plants overseas. Plant construction should begin early next year and will employ 500 people to start.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Why don't you apply for a consultant's position there...you could cover both maching and labor (labouresh) relations :dunno: :)

·
Village Idiot
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No way! Adrmore is about like Dunbar. Only a doofus would live there.
BTW, where is ourr resident Doofus?

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
It beats the heck outa Duncan.

I don't know where Zippy is. He said something about going to Portugal for a couple of weeks and disappeared.

·
Village Idiot
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Steve Wood said:
It beats the heck outa Duncan.
I don't know where Zippy is. He said something about a bottle of Port and disappeared.
Fixed. :wink:

(You worked for Haliburton?)

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
yeah, they bought the company I worked for

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
hey I am Britishesh at least according to Zippy :D

·
Save me from myself!
3,115 Posts
Good to see China couldn't come up with their own idea on a car and had to basically buy one. Next, you'll have the China Pony with a Mustang Front and Camaro rear. :eek:

·
Turbocharged BrunoStachel
4,813 Posts
stevemon said:
No way! Adrmore is about like Dunbar. Only a doofus would live there.
Ya, but they have a killer dragstrip. I haven't been by there for at least 10 years. Is it still there? The last time I drove by there my father was riding shot gun and I said thats where Lee Shepard killed himself. Still have a hard time believing he was testing a car wearing no helmet or seat belt.

The sad part about this Chineese sports car is that it will probally be better built than the original. I hope theres enough room to stuff a Yankee V-8 in between the fenders. :usa:

·
Village Idiot
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
turbofish38 said:
Ya, but they have a killer dragstrip. I haven't been by there for at least 10 years. Is it still there? The last time I drove by there my father was riding shot gun and I said thats where Lee Shepard killed himself. Still have a hard time believing he was testing a car wearing no helmet or seat belt.
Yes Ardmore Raceway, It's still there. See the Link for phone # & directions.

·
Village Idiot
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ardmore is about like Dunbar. Only a doofus would live there.
Well maybe not Ed Zachery like Dumbar. The high temp in Ardmore was 106 degrees today and the heat index was 115. :eek!: Sure glad I live 90 miles north of there. :headbang:

·
Village Idiot
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't know what you mean John and actually it doesn't matter to me but Oklahoma lost it's "GM" plant in Feb and we gained an "MG" plant today.
Yow!...my head hurts now. :confused:

·
Turbocharged BrunoStachel
4,813 Posts
JohnLarkin said:
Well, I guess now three things come from Oklahoma.
Here's a different joke. Actually you can tie it in with the imigration debate,Steve Wood, Zap and China building cars if you have a warped sense of humor like the Briteesh.

What do you call Texans?

Mexicans on their way to Oklahoma!

See? I'm being PC while being an equal opportinity offender. :cheers:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.