Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Whats that thing ?
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the RJC Race Plate, but was considering the larger Hemco Plenum. Is it one or the other, or can you run with both. Seems like the combo would counter act each other..

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Jason said he could not design a plate that would work well with the Hemco as the Hemco lacks the volume of air which is required to stabilize air flow thru the plates.

The plates are designed for specific plenums.
Therefore, if you have a plate for a stock plenum, it will not work with anyother plenum with the exception of the Jay Jones modified stock plenum and 62 mm tbs.

The airflow tests conducted by Jason show the most even airflow distribution is obtained by the PTE plenum and the matching plate from Jason.

He has a very nice price on the combination on his web site.

I have a Hemco and have never been impressed by it. I am going to replace it with the PTE/PP combination.

·
Whats that thing ?
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks again Steve, you are a fountain of information. Can you list Jason's web site. I am not familiar with PTE..

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
jdodman:
Thanks again Steve, you are a fountain of information. Can you list Jason's web site. I am not familiar with PTE..
Yeah if you call an old drunk bastard pissing in your face a fountain. Then Steve is indeed a fountain of information. :D I have the 70mm TB PTE plenum and PP combo (not steve but Power Plate) and it works fine best I can remember.

I suggest you call Red Armstrong @ (440) 235-3232 and get his opinion on a Bigger TB or PP or Plenum. Please post what he tells you for all to read. yup

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Red is only for stuff he sells, or claims to make... :)

Therefore, he ain't gonna be for either one.

On the other hand, the fastest stock block cars in the country (TSM) seem to like them for the most part.

Wendy Bag, I am gonna quit sticking up for you! :D

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
Steve Wood:

Wendy Bag, I am gonna quit sticking up for you! :D
Naw don't do that. I tell you what. You need to come on down to Wzggaman and have dinner with me and the family at Mosca's. :)

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Man, could I go for some of that oyster casserole! Screw the excess garlic, it is good for you! *g*

·
Whats that thing ?
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wendy, Thanks for the number for Red. I have a chip of his that came with my GN..

Tried to get in touch with Red Armstrong (twice) on the plenum discussion and a chip upgrade

Anyway, I could not get past his secretary (he must be a big executive now)...She said he also cannot return calls, and she cannot tell me when he will be back in the office (ever).. I figure he must be independantly wealthy now, or hit the lottery.... Oh well - I was told to call on Monday and ask for John (whoever that is), cause John is in from Monday to Wednesday..

Yeah Right....

Too bad - I was going to purchase another chip off him and possibly the Plennum...

Who else out there makes good chips and hasn't gotten to big for their bridges ???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts