Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,

Sat night Im going to set the car in Kill mode for some races I have lined up.

I have a 19deg chip for my regular use, and on 17psi of boost the car runs nice, no detonation, ect. and thats with 42line off fuel pressure. And the O2counts in a safe setting (~760-780). Ok, Since Im going into race mode, I popped in my 27deg chip and of course thats too much timing for 93octane.

Im going to run leaded 108 octane straight for the races I have lined up. Think I can squeeze out 21psi of boost and 27deg of timing on 108leaded??? Im getting ready to stick one of my dead O2sensors in the car so I can keep the one I have good. Think I should add more fuel pressure as well or should I be ok like this? I figure Im sort of flying blind without the O2 sensor, but I really cant afford to make an expensive one night, more expensive.

What yall think???

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
You probably can...since you are flying blind, why don't you raise your fp to 45, and set your boost to 20 for the first pass...get out of it if you see retard...don't think you will. Then ease it on up in boost.

try to get all the 93 out so there is no dilution.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool got it all out and bought 110octane instead.

the first pass at 16psi was nice. im gonna try it again with more boost later tonight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts