Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Dr. Nehi
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently pulled my pistons and found that instead of the PN 25531260 listed at: http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/pictureguides/pistonguide/38turbopiston.html

I have pistons with PN 25531068 (Hepolite 21917). Anyone know what the story is with these? There's one other post at the other site listing this number at: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=94643&referrerid=1129

I want to learn what I have and perhaps update the gnttype.org info.

thanks,
Scott

<small>[ August 19, 2003, 10:41 AM: Message edited by: Scott GN231 ]</small>

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I'm confused. I would expect the piston to have a CASTING number on it, not a GM part number. Which are you asking about?

·
Register Boozer
3,904 Posts
I scored a set of 763 rods with pistons attached for $20. The pistons say 25522904 on them, and they are about 3.7 inches in diameter. dunno

·
Dr. Nehi
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies.

Ormand:
I'm confused. I would expect the piston to have a CASTING number on it, not a GM part number. Which are you asking about?
OK, but they do have GM part numbers on them and mine differ from those listed at gnttype.org (see above address).

I am asking whether these pistons are what folks think would have come with the car (ie originals) or replacements.

thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I looked at the GNTType web site, and they show pictures of pistons, but they identify them by PART numbers, not casting numbers. I don't think the number on the piston is a PART number, I think it is a casting number. The OEM pistons came with three (at least) different numbers, anyway. There was stock, there was "high limit", and there was an oversize, 0.020" I think. I don't have a cross-reference, from part number to casting number, so somebody else will have provide any useful comments.

·
Jack of all Trades
428 Posts
I don't have any answers, just questions......

Didn't these cars have the VIN #'s stamped into the original block??

Out of curiosity do the numbers on your block match your VIN?

·
Dr. Nehi
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dave: Checking the block to VIN is a fun idea, I'd thought about that at one point, but it slipped my mind when I was last up at the garage where the car is being kept.

Anyone have any more ideas on this, or potential folks who would know if I pestered them? wink

Scott

1 - 7 of 7 Posts