Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my combination, I am currently running a street thrasher and would love to hear people's opinion on whether I can do better with another chip. Also, I'm planning on getting Direct Scan soon and don't want to run into any interaction problems resulting from the Thrasher.

Of course any general comments on my combo would, as always, be appreciated.

Thanks for the input:

INTAKE/EXHAUST: Tompka 4" Cold-Air Kit w/ K&N filter; TH 3” SS DP (no cat.); ATR 2.5” SS EXH; Poston’s stock-replacement headers (both sides)

FUEL: Hot-wired Walbro FP; ATR billet adj. FP reg.; Blue Tops

TURBO/IC: TE-60 w/homemade adj. Wastegate; CAS V-4 stock location IC; Stock 0.63 housing

MOTOR: Stock except for Comp Cams 979-12 valve springs

TRANS:pI Vigilante 9.5” lock-up TC, pump 0; Transmission Built by Jimmy’s Transmission: Mundelein, IL

CHIP: Street Thrasher

WHEELS/TIRES: Weld Drag Lites with Nitto 275/50/15 drag radials rear.

DIAGNOSTIC: Scan Master II (soon to be Direct Scan)

thank you very much!
Scott Scrivner

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Thrashers are very particular with regards to your combo. They work very well with near stock cars. That is because they were designed as such. Once you go with a bigger turbo, more boost, more flow, converter ect.. you loose out on the ability to use the Thrasher as it was designed.

I suggest getting a chip from one of the many sources (Lubrant, Red, Jay...) that can take your entire combo into account. This will most likely yeild better results than the Thrasher at this point.

------------------
Email Address: mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

Stock Turbo, Stock Heads, Stock CAM, V4, MSD50's, TH DP, JayJackson 62mm TB, 16position MaxEffort Chip. 3750# with Driver
12.35 & 108.39 Street Trim
11.92 @ 111.77 Race Ready

·
Registered
819 Posts
I ran 11.8's with a Thrasher. TA 49, Blue tops and a Casper's 7th. I loved that Thrasher, but I was absolutely maxed out, even with the 7th. Now running 16 position Max Effort with 50's and like it a lot.

------------------

·
Registered
819 Posts
Oh, by the way, before I put the 50's in, I ran 11.6's with a Max Effort, blue tops and a TA49. That was after deciding I wasn't going to go any faster than 11.8's with blue tops and a 7th. Guess it doesn't hurt to try things. Wish I'd have gone with Max Effort earlier.

------------------

·
Registered
111 Posts
Originally posted by Jack Evers:
Oh, by the way, before I put the 50's in, I ran 11.6's with a Max Effort, blue tops and a TA49. That was after deciding I wasn't going to go any faster than 11.8's with blue tops and a 7th. Guess it doesn't hurt to try things. Wish I'd have gone with Max Effort earlier.
Hi Jack, can you tell us what your combo is? Impressive times

------------------
RandyCustomShop
"Firechicken"
1982/86/87/88/89 Firebird
Turbo
11.31 @ 118.6 w/a 1.59 60' on 245/50 Nittos leanin' out bad
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

·
Registered
345 Posts
I run 11.60's with bluetops/thrasher 108 with TA49/stock intercooler w/big neck.

Scott (GN SBS), you've got a bigger turbo and better intercooler.

I'd start thinking about upgrading injectors. Blues would be fine for the street with your combo, but you can run out of fuel pretty quick maxing out your combo at the track.

------------------
UNGN
My Timeslips Page
My G-body Homepage

·
Registered
91 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts