Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I need to do is put my intake on then drop the motor in the car. I seriously need some help. My intake gasket is not lining up correctly. It seemed like the bolts were rubbing on themanifold so i drilled the bolt holes on the manifold one size bigger, and still having a problem. Its as if the gasket holes are not drilled at an angle causeing it to bind up. Any ideas on what I can do has anyone had any problems like this before?

Brandon

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
Did you have the heads and deck milled? If yes then you may need the manifold done also. You should also port match the intake to the heads.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ULYCYC said:
Did you have the heads and deck milled? If yes then you may need the manifold done also. You should also port match the intake to the heads.

Nope nothing was decked or anything, it was basically just cleaned up with solvent and put back together. I have never had this much issues with a gasket :rant:

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I hate to oversimplify, but I just *slightly* bent mine around a log and it all went in without a hitch.

·
MASTER GM TECH
676 Posts
i stopped by his house and looked at it
h-gasks looked thin and then was told only 20thou thick
advised him to go with stocker h/g wich are 40thou i believe
this would raise up the heads and in turn align the bolt holes and also widen the
V to allow intake to sit a bit lower *in theory*
im sure he'll post back with his findings but id bet thats what it is
pretty much the same and having heads cut 20 thou cept he lost the 20thou thru gask thickness as opposed to deck thickness
-brandon...i hope it works see ya at the meeting tomorrow night!!!!
-dan :6:

·
smoke 'em
156 Posts
well?????????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.